What have you seen recently?

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
What have you been watching? On TV, in the cinema, on DVD or video or even on YouTube?

I'm currently working my way through as many episodes of Dr Who that I can find on YouTube. Done all the Christopher Eccleston and David Tennant. Saw the movie with Paul MacGann and have watched all the Tom Baker episodes. I'm working my way through Syvester McCoy's incarnation at the moment with Bonnie Langford and that awful scream of hers. :eek:

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Difficult question. I grew up with William Hartnell and have seen all the doctors. I used to like Patrick Troughton and then Tom Baker, but recently I've really come to like Colin Baker's version. Such a shame that Michael Grade (spit) had him sacked. :(

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
:laugh: LOL Maybe we should have a Dr Who thread!

I agree with you Tim. It's quite clear that Michael Grade (spit) didn't like Dr Who.

It's such a shame that he wasn't more like his uncle, Lord Lew Grade - the man who not only funded such shows as Thunderbirds and Captain Scarlet, but he practically gave Gerry Anderson carte blanche to do what he liked.

Hegewych

Lance-Constable
Jul 28, 2008
Wall-E - great film for adults . . . I mean Kids ;)
The starting film was more funny - can't remember what it was called, but was about a magician and his rabbit - pure genius.

Hegewych

Lance-Constable
Jul 28, 2008
That's the one. Had me in stitches - getting some funny looks from the junior audience and my 8 year old daughter told me to be quiet. :oops:

Periwinkle

Lance-Constable
Jul 25, 2008
Just took the mini seamstresses to see Prince Caspian - fantastic from beginning to end - and millions of *drool* centaurs, even female and children ones but *drool* adult male centaurs - mmmm

think I embarrassed the mini seamstresses with some of my comments and why did the people behind me keep shushing and throwing popcorn ...

Butcher

Jul 29, 2008
Went to see The Dark Night over the weekend and it was great. I have always been a bit of a Batman fan, but in this one i have to say that the late Heath Ledger steals the show. He plays the Jokers so well!!!

I am not going to say anymore, just go and see it.

Go on then...

I am waiting...

Why so serious?

VesuvianRuin

Lance-Constable
Jul 28, 2008
Sheffield, UK
I saw Dark Knight too recently and have to agree that Heath Ledger completely stole the show. I am still uncomfortable with Christian Bale being Batman, there just seems to be something missing but I can't put my finger on it.

Go see Batman - recommended.

Loved Caspian too. I'm a long time fan of the books and i'm amazed at how well this movie was done.. Better than 'The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe' imo.. I also think in some ways the movie was better than the book. ~gasp~. It is NOT often i even like a movie based on a book so for me to say this is quite something. I preferred the way the children were portrayed in the movie.. Especially Peter and Susan. I just wish a Pratchett movie could get this kind of budget.. But i'm sure it will one day. I'm thrilled to hear they're Working on 'Voyage of the Dawn Treader' next..

Definitely want to see 'Wall - e' and 'The Dark Knight'.. Big Pixar and Batman fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

User Menu

Newsletter