What is your favorite book ever?

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Ghost

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 6, 2012
Blackcountry
Witches Brew By Alfred Hitchcock it was the first adult book I have ever read and even though I know most of the stories off by heart every now and then I reread it

Catch-up

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 26, 2008
Michigan, U.S.A.
One of my favorites is Naked Came the Sasquatch by John Boston. Only book he wrote, as far as I know. Shame because it was awesome and perfectly set up for a sequel.

Quatermass

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 7, 2010
I have many favourites. If I had to choose one, it'd be Doctor Who: All-Consuming Fire by Andy Lane. Doctor Who meets Sherlock Holmes, and they go up against a creature out of the Lovecraft mythos...

janet

Sergeant
Nov 14, 2009
North East England
Ghost Horse by Joseph Chipperfield. I read this at age 9 or 10, probably the first full-length novel I ever read, and bought a paperback version many years later.....which I still have. I've never read it again. To lose the magic would be too painful.

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
That is always a difficult one to answer, just like who is your favourite author, now if you had asked what is your favourite book by your favourite author, the answer would be. :eusa-think: :confusion-confused: :confusion-scratchheadblue: :teasing-blah: :teasing-blahyellow: :mrgreen:

Nov 15, 2011
Aust.
Even though it's really hard to choose I always say The Hitch Hikers Guide To The Galaxy. It ticks all the boxes for me. It's funny, clever, thoughtful, moving. Although I was very young the first time I read it, I'd never read anything like it in my life and it opened doors to other authors that made thinking about the big things enjoyable.

So yeah, that's the one for me.

RIP Douglas Adams.

Cheery

Sergeant
Jun 22, 2009
Switzerland
jellymish-art.tumblr.com
This is going to sound funny, but my favorite book ever is Harold and the Purple Crayon. My dad used to read me that every night before bed and I was absolutely fascinated by this boy who could create a whole world around him, just by drawing with his magic crayon. Unfortunately the book was so much-loved that it eventually fell to pieces. I have yet to find another copy, cause I would love to read it again. :laugh:

User Menu

Newsletter