Zombie Fiction

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Fizz

Lance-Corporal
Mar 16, 2010
Ontario, Canada
www.whitesnails.com
So I've been reading a fair bit of Zombie Fiction recently.

I just finished, World War Z by Max Brooks and I'm now reading Pontypool Changes Everything by Tony Burgess a Canadian writer whose book was recently adapted into a film by Bruce MacDonald one of Canada's best directors.

I think that Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Seth Grahame-Smith/Jane Austen will be next.

Throw any other recommendation if you have them. Cheers.

Jul 25, 2008
Newport
The Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks is a fun read. I went round and zombie-proofed the house after reading it. And then dreamed about zombies for weeks afterwards.

I understand a script is still being worked on for World War Z

I Am Scrooge (A Zombie Story For Christmas) by Adam Roberts is okay. it follows Scrooge during a zombie outbreak and the subsequent years. Nice and gory style of writing too.

I was going to say Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. I heard its qite good and i saw it but i was looking for a specific book so i didnt get it. Seems youve already got it. Is it good?

I'm afraid i dont really know any other zombie books. Maybe, i cant remember the name, but the same author as the above wrote anothr about abraham lincoln as a zombie hunter. :laugh:

raisindot

Sergeant-at-Arms
Oct 1, 2009
Boston, MA USA
Ponder Stibbons said:
I was going to say Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. I heard its qite Maybe, i cant remember the name, but the same author as the above wrote anothr about abraham lincoln as a zombie hunter. :laugh:
Abraham Lincoln, VAMPIRE HUNTER, sir. Leave it to you Brits to denigrate one of the greatest American presidents and monster killers of all time. Old Abe would never have wasted his genius futzing around with zombies. That's what Ulysses S. Grant was for. :laugh:

J-I-B

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
raisindot said:
Abraham Lincoln, VAMPIRE HUNTER, sir. Leave it to you Brits to denigrate one of the greatest American presidents and monster killers of all time. Old Abe would never have wasted his genius futzing around with zombies. That's what Ulysses S. Grant was for. :laugh:

J-I-B
Er, actually the author is American :p Feel free to denigrate one of the finest British writers of classic literature of all time though :laugh:

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
Aah, you're talking about Ponder and his zombie/vampire mix-up. Clearly vampire-hunting is a lot cooler ;)

Oct 10, 2009
italy-genova
This is the only case that comes to my mind when an italian girl-writer wrote the zombie books I like most. It's a trilogy, but unfortunately I don't know if they've been translated. She's Chiara Palazzolo, and the books titles sounds like 'do not kill me', 'tore my heart apart' , 'I'll bring you in my blood', not sure how to translate them.

User Menu

Newsletter