The First Dutch Discworld Convention.

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
You can use my walking stick on 'em if you like Sjoerd ;)

Everyone - Sjoerd has won soooo many brownie points for being nice above and beyond the call of duty to a crotchety not so little old lady... whose plane was delayed and had to hike for what seemed like at least 2 miles worth of corridors at Schipol - then got on a train that refused to go further than The Hague - then had a hissy fit when the second train we failed to get on, left from the only platform that didn't have escalator or lift access and then had a right paddy and insisted on taking an exorbitant taxi ride through rush hour weekend traffic to the Hotel... :laugh:

Sjoerd - you are an angel and your drinks are still on my tab at Birmingham for at least the 1st day!

cab

Lance-Constable
May 31, 2011
First of all, thanks Sjoerd for pointing out this forum. Second of all, great pics.

We (me and my girlfriend) where in Rotterdam all weekend. We had a great time, our first Discworld convention ever and we want more 8)

We did the demonstration of the Guards! Guards! boardgame, which most people seems to like. We also loved the game Ankh Morpork so my two hobby's will finally combine (Discworld and Boardgames). Lots of people where asking if they could buy the game already, not yet but keep your eye on: http://www.guardsguards.com/

Furthermore we loved the costumes, the play, the presentations of Martin Wallace, the guys who played in the movies, the Alzheimer foundation etc.

Last and not so many, but you can find our photo's here:

User Menu

Newsletter