The First Dutch Discworld Convention.

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

deldaisy

Sergeant-at-Arms
Oct 1, 2010
Brisbane, Australia
An inflatable ring cushion? OH! I had one of those after having my first child. One of my darling wonderful girlfriends saw it on the chair when I went outside and kindly blew it up FULLY inflated :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Took me damn HOURS to get it just right again.

Penfold

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 29, 2009
Worthing
www.lenbrookphotography.com
Deldaisy said:
meerkat said:
deldaisy said:
meerkat said:
I had to cancel, due to... my bum! :cry: :cry: :cry:
Okay.... that is SO going to be the excuse next time I don't want to go somewhere.

I mean...... what are they going to say.... they aren't going to enquire further now are they!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
It's when you have to show it to new nurses. I'm thinking of making a list!
:laugh:
Meer: I am here about my bum.
Nurse: Certainly Madam. The doctor will see you soon. Just take a seat.
Meer: No thank you. I'm fine....... standing.
Del: I am here about my bum.
Nurse: Is that any way to talk about your ex?
Del: Yes, he's a complete arsehole!

Jul 20, 2009
Lelystad, The Netherlands
Im afraid my pics didn't turn out that great :( So we'll have to wait till Jan returns, I know she took a lot of pictures :)

What did we do on the Con: :p
Saturday I was dressed as Death and the costume had some disadvantages. It was quite hot to wear and my vision was a bit limited because of the mask. We played a few games of Werewolf. First game I was one of the two villagers left standing :p Second game I was killed by the werewolves.

There was a presentation about the Ankh-Morpork boardgame awe could also play the game and it's fun :) We watched Going Postal had a nice diner and the suprise of the evening was Rob reading us from Snuff over Skype :laugh:

Sunday the translator arrived and I was the first to sign up for a KaffeKlatsch with him. He's a very interesting guy and he also read from the Dutch translation of Wee Free Men. There was also a very interesting talk about Orangutans and a Panel with extras from Going Postal.

The day ended with a Maskerade and a sort of play of Going Postal in which I had to play mr. Pump ;) The plan was to make an adaptation of Going Postal of now more than 20 minutes. For my role as mr. Pump I recieved 4 Dutch Discworld books and Good Omens in Dutch :laugh:

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
I'm back and absolutely knackered so I won't put the pics up tonight but there are loads of Sjoerd as Mr Pump...

What was that other famous award ceremony? Oh I remember now - the Razzies! :laugh: He'll be up for one for sure - Best Actor in full face mask possibly. I have tons of photos :twisted:

The Snuff bits were great and lots of goss from Mr. Wilkins - apparently Good Omens is shaping up really well and they're looking at 36 - 36!!!!!!! episodes of a Watch series for TV, but is v. early days. They're apparently looking at having to do a purpose-built set for certain parts of AM instead of keeping on going out to Budapest. :eek:

Sjoerd, thank you for not mentioning my wardrobe malfunction... :eek: More on that tomorrow, but we had our pictures taken a lot after the opening ceremony :p

User Menu

Newsletter