2012 DW Convention ~ Cripple Mr. Onion Card School

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

How do we theme the Discworld Deck? (re-read 1st post please)

• Option A ~ Regional

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Option B ~ Suit associated (match character to hearts etc)

• Option C ~ Grouped by Series

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Option D ~ Ranked characters (Death = Ace)

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Option E ~ Inclusive/Random (all 54 character cards)

• Option F ~ something else? Suggest something then clever clogs!

• Total voters

Penfold

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 29, 2009
Worthing
www.lenbrookphotography.com
I do have some pics of people playing as well. :laugh:

I should get this in early, btw. If anyone sees a set of the Cripple mister Onion cards being sold on E-Bay can you let Jan know asap since one set went missing. :eek: Jan can let you know the rest when she's awake but this issue is quite important.

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
Thanks Bouncy - this is something that we need to get straight on how our playing card project needs to be managed from now on because the Card School really was a hit and I think it's something that can be carried over at future conventions wherever they take place if we have anyone attending from the forum willing to help run the equivalent of the Dice Room with the other games people (the Ankh Morpork chap played with our cards on the Sunday for some roleplaying game with some lad who showed up).

This thread has really run it's course and I'll be asking the mods to shut it down later today but before I do I'll add to what Penners has already posted and it'll also effect the new thread I'll be opening in a week or so to get the character cards project started properly at last (probably in the Games Forum). I took 3 sets of playing cards (6 decks of 4 suits) to the convention and a further full but uncut set in case we had any accidents (spilled drinks and running inks etc) so I was prepared for losing some of the cards that we used. On Monday when we came to set up the room however I discovered that we were a set down and couldn't find them anywhere in the room - I'm afraid we did leave the room unattended to go to the Watch Team event so we don't know when they went missing. I went to Ops to let them know we had a problem and needed to get an announcement made so that, if we could, get everyone on the look out for them if they'd simply been removed without someone thinking it through to carry on playing in the bar or wherever so there'd be a chance for them to be returned to Ops. They weren't but at least it's now public knowledge that a set escaped into L-space somewhere... o_O

The reason this is serious is because we don't have permission to make any profit for these cards as we only had permission to have 2 sets made for the charity auction and another to give to Terry as a token of our appreciation. If anyone does spot a set of Discworld cards with the 8th Convention livery anywhere off or online then I'd be grateful for any information on where you saw it and if possible who was selling it.

If you know or are the person who took the 2 decks of standard and caroc cards from the Dice Room this weekend - you are welcome to keep them or give them away, but please, please, unless you're intending to donate the entire proceeds to charity (preferably one that Terry favours) DO NOT SELL THEM AS YOU WILL BE IN BREACH OF COPYRIGHT WHICH MAY LEAD TO PROSECUTION.

If you want to know more about using our Cripple Mr. Onion cards or information on how to play I'll edit this post with a link in here to the new thread that's opening shortly and also news on what's going to happen with the decks that did make it back with me from the Convention :p

User Menu

Newsletter