A. Lee Martinez

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Apr 29, 2009
London
Who's Wee Dug said:
Him the same even,so I take it you read Rankin the Robster's books. :)
Indeedily!!

Just re-read Brentford Chainstore Masacre, and the Brightonomicon. In fact, I've got the Brightonomicon on audio CD, if you want to borrow it.

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
Thanks Bouncy, but I was at the launch in Forbidden planet bookshop for audio CD then we all went for a drink afterwards as one does. There is another early release book launch at FP on Saturday 12th Dec.at 1:00pm for Retromancer the sequel to Brightonomicon. :laugh: then we will go to probably the "Angel" after for a beer or three,come and join the crowd.

Apr 29, 2009
London
Shaftesbury Avenue, huh?

I probably won't go, but it is kind of tempting.

I absolutely HATE the character of Hugo Rune. Will I be beaten to a pulp with a hefty stick? ;)

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
Bouncy Castle said:
Shaftesbury Avenue, huh?

I probably won't go, but it is kind of tempting.

I absolutely HATE the character of Hugo Rune. Will I be beaten to a pulp with a hefty stick? ;)
It's doubtful though you may find some people have the same idea,he always struck me as a selfish type, but generous with others money. the pub is only a few minutes walk just near St.Giles church. :laugh:

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
Is it the Dragonbone Chair you're looking at by Tad Williams? That's a great Norse myth-based series - lots of punk Elves too! ;)

Although the 1st one of his I read was Tailchaser's Song which was about a ginger tom-cat - that was rather fun but unfortunately I lent it to a workmate who went long-term sick and I left before she came back so never got it back o_O

I still have both of those books. They were wonderful. I just got the paperback version of the second book in the ShadowMarch series called Shadowplay. His books are so very complex and deep that I am sure this one will keep me reading for quite a bit.

I have honestly, since we started the discussion group, re-read 13 of Terry's books, with tiny colored flags to locate quotes and mark funny stuffl. Yup, I think I need to get my OCD under control again. That is why I was so happy to see ShadowPlay on the shelf. I devoured three books by Karen Miller and her alter-ego K. E. Mills, and was shattered that Borders didn't have the last ones in those series in stock. :laugh:

Apr 29, 2009
London
I asked A. Lee on Facebook if there was any specific order to reading his books, and he says

They're all stand alone novels. They're not even set in the same universe. So feel free to read them in any order you like.

Excellent news.

User Menu

Newsletter