All Things Anderson (Gerry that is)

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
This forum's a teensy bit like Thunderbirds - anything can happen in the next 10 posts :twisted:
------------------------------------------------------------

I have split this topic from the one about the Pope that you can find HERE.

Tony. :)

:eek: Oh - right... Yeah :laugh: Fine by me :twisted:

Penfold

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 29, 2009
Worthing
www.lenbrookphotography.com
Jan Van Quirm said:
This forum's a teensy bit like Thunderbirds - anything can happen in the next 10 posts :twisted:
I always feel a bit scared when it comes to contradicting Jan :p , but I believe the phrase "anything can happen in the next 10 posts" alludes to the fantastic STINGRAY and not Thunderbirds. ;)

*sits back and waits for Jan to slap me with a wet haddock*

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
:twisted: Whoo! I have a bad rep at last! 8)

However - I cannot pretend to be an expert on Gerry Anderson Super-Marionation serials so you may very well be right Penners :laugh: ;)

Although being absolutely and strictly pedantic the quote should have been "anything can happen in the next hour!" Or was it the next half hour...? :rolleyes: :p

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
[sings]"Marina, aqua Marina
What is that strange enchanting smell of fish whenever you're near"
[/sings] :laugh:

There's going to be a whole generation here that doesn't have a clue what this is all about.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
The Mad Collector said:
Tonyblack said:
[sings]"Marina, aqua Marina
What is that strange enchanting smell of fish whenever you're near"
[/sings] :laugh:

There's going to be a whole generation here that doesn't have a clue what this is all about.
I hate to say it, but it might be two generations by now :rolleyes:
And maybe three if you include Twizzle and Torchy the Battery Boy. ;)

Edit to add links to the two shows as well as Four Feather Falls - all of which were early Gerry Anderson shows. He went of to make Supercar, Firebal XL5, Stingray, Thunderbirds and the rest. ;)

Batty

Sergeant
Feb 17, 2009
East Anglia
I used to enjoy Twizzle, but it's amazing how many people (my generation) have never heard of it!

Thunderbirds was better than Stingray (IMO), but the only video's I have are of Watch With Mother and Terrahawks ... and DangerMouse, and Ivor The Engine ...
:rolleyes:

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Batty said:
I used to enjoy Twizzle, but it's amazing how many people (my generation) have never heard of it!

Thunderbirds was better than Stingray (IMO), but the only video's I have are of Watch With Mother and Terrahawks ... and DangerMouse, and Ivor The Engine ...
:rolleyes:
It's funny, looking up those videos on YouTube today has made me realise that for years I've mixed up Twizzle and Torchy. I was sure the "Cat with the silkiest fur" was from Torchy, but he's in Twizzle - it was the poodle that was in Torchy. :laugh:

I proclaim this thread well and truly derailed. :p

User Menu

Newsletter