All Things Anderson (Gerry that is)

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Aug 12, 2010
Bristol
wicked woman said:
I've never heard of Twizzle??? Terrahawks though... Expect the unexpected...

Good job we don't get banned for digressing, we'ed all be out on our ears. ;) :laugh:
THUNDERBIRDS : SI,
STINGRAY: SI,
TWIZZLE: NO,
TORCHY:NO,
TERRAHAWKS:NO,

THUNDERCATS-HO !!!
I have to say I was more care bears, gummi bears,thundercats, she-ra my dad and my brother are more sting ray and thunderbirds :)

The Mad Collector

Sergeant-at-Arms
Sep 1, 2010
Ironbridge UK
www.bearsonthesquare.com
LessHero vanU said:
I the "What do you collect" section I mentioned I collected cine camera's and paraphernalia - of which is a copy of a(n edited) episode of "Super Car", which is pre Fireball XL5. It is still in its box, but it is quite tatty. I played it once.
Now that really is early, I have never seen any of Supercar, my first experience of Gerry Anderson was Fireball XL5 and I was hooked from there.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
I can remember Supercar, but not very well. The pilot was named Mike Mercury and he had a pet monkey. Fireball XL5 had Steve Zodiac and a robot named Robert.

Anderson's shows got to be so popular that Lew Grade, the then head of ITV, used to give him carte blanche to spend pretty much however much he liked. The shows were made in Britain in colour before Britain had colour TV because they could easily be sold in the US. :laugh:

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Jan Van Quirm said:
High fashion too - strictly speaking Cap'n Black was a ZOMBIE! :twisted:
His first name was probably Reg. :laugh:

Francis Matthews was Captain Scarlet and Ed Bishop (who later starred in Anderson's U.F.O.) was Captain Blue.

I see Dr Who has recently pinched the idea of Skybase from Captain Scarlet. ;)

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
Now that is naff :laugh:

The thing with the cgi Captain Scarlet though is that it's not naff enough because it looks (to me anyway) like every other cgi computer/console/RPG game out there. In its heyday super-marionation was the only game in town and so people loved it for all it's naffness and didn't mind the strings (although by Scarlett you could barely see them at all). We're too familiar with cgi now for it to be unusual and so unless you're making it as live action (with Heather Graham as Destiny Angel maybe like Angelina Jolie's Lara Croft) then there's nothing to distinguish it in any way is there? :laugh:

User Menu

Newsletter