Any only UK booksellers who ship to the States?

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

raisindot

Sergeant-at-Arms
Oct 1, 2009
Boston, MA USA
I'm looking to buy multiple used PB volumes of certain British authors (like Ripley and Rankin) I can't get inexpensively here in the states. Amazon Marketplace lets US buyers buy from online UK used book sellers, but then you have to pay $4.00 shipping for each separate book. And none of these booksellers has email addresses, so you can contact them to discuss bulk shipping for multiple purchases.

So I guess I wanted to know if you any of folks know of some good used booksellers who you actually talk to (or email to) who do routinely ship across the pond?

Thanks in advance!

J-I-B

raisindot

Sergeant-at-Arms
Oct 1, 2009
Boston, MA USA
Tony, thanks for the tip on Abe's Books.

Amazon has the best prices for used paperback books themselves, but shipping per book usually starts at around $4. I was hoping I might be able to buy a bunch from one vendor and negotiate a reduced bulk shipping rate. But Amazon doesn't have contact info for the sellers.

But some of the booksellers on Abe's seem to have better US shipping rates overall. I'll try 'em.

J-I-B

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
Just received from Amazon today my pre Xmas order, but have stayed indoors waiting for a delivery by DHL for the past two days ,they sent an email saying it was on the van and would be delivered between 9 and 5:30
checked the tracking again at 6pm ballocks it was put on hold no email to update me to that,rang them and the guy did apologise, no point being angry with him its not his fault. :x

User Menu

Newsletter