Anyone else read the dune books

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Aug 4, 2008
West Yorkshire
Read Dune many years ago and saw the original film as an adaptation just as we have to see Sky's DW film's. That was the one with Sting in it. I have that and the DVDs of Dune and Children of Dune. I am sure that there were a set of 7 or 8 books in the Dune Story which went through to the end but Audible only have I think four which cover the story. I thought that I read all these books, this long before the follow on from his family. I will not even consider buying or borrowing it from the library.

Unfortunately, as DW gradually took over my bookcase, I donated my Dune collection to a charity shop. I regretted it months later when it was far too late.

theoldlibrarian

Lance-Corporal
Dec 30, 2009
Dublin, Ireland
I have read Dune Messiah and Dune and Children of Dune (no.2 and 3 of his first trilogy). Unfortunately I haven't read Dune but I heard it was the best.
What does anybody think of the new ones written by his son?

miveli09

Feb 4, 2010
I never forget when I first read Dune as it was one the books that got me truely into sci-fi. Also had a large impact on me. I first read in in university and remember standing at Barking trainstation in the freezing cold and being transported into this amazing world. I read them all, including prelude and legend. Just need to read the lastest sequel that his son and kevin J anderson have written. Kinda of feel like rereading the Dune series since its been a long time since I read the books. :laugh:

User Menu

Newsletter