ben aaronovitch

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Jack Remillard

Lance-Corporal
Oct 27, 2009
I've read his novelisation of his Doctor Who serial Remembrance Of The Daleks, and also his Doctor Who New Adventures book 'The Also People' (which I thought was excellent), but none of his non-Doctor Who stuff. They are definitely on my list though. :)

high eight

Lance-Corporal
Dec 28, 2009
The Back of Beyond
Bouncy Castle said:
I've just had a look at Ben's website, and he's currently reading the Merrily Watkins books by Phil Rickman, and thoroughly enjoying them.

If they're good enough for Ben..... :mrgreen:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_nos ... ly+Watkins
I can't get on with those at all. The Vicar of Dibley as written by a collaboration between Stephen King & Agatha Christie. o_O

And Merrily Watkins' daughter needs a good slapping - she is one of the most annoying characters in literature.

Just my opinion. :whistle:

Quatermass

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 7, 2010
I mentioned in another thread that I read Rivers of London. I felt it was a quite good, rather than a great, book, and the twist as to who the culprit at the end was quite a novel one. Unfortunately, I felt that Aaronovitch's pinnacle, as far as I read, was with his novelisation of his own Doctor Who story, Remembrance of the Daleks.

I have read four of his books, actually. Besides the aforementioned novelisation and Rivers of London, I have read his Doctor Who New Adventures, Transit and The Also People.

Apr 29, 2009
London
Ben Aaronovitch has stormed the bestseller list with his superb London crime series. A unique blend of police procedural, loving detail about the greatest character of all, London, and a dash of the supernatural.

In the new novel DC Peter Grant must head south of the river to the alien environs of Elephant and Castle. There's a murderer abroad and, as always when Grant's department are reluctantly called in by CID, there is more than a whiff of the supernatural in the darkness.

Full of warmth, sly humour and a rich cornucopia of things you never knew about London, Aaronovitch's series has swiftly added Grant's magical London to Rebus' Edinburgh and Morse's Oxford as a destination of choice for those who love their crime with something a little extra.
Out (or at least the electronic edition will be sent to your Kindle) on 27th June.

YoungSam

Lance-Constable
Mar 14, 2013
www.meetup.com
I just recently discovered Ben and think he's great! I'm a big Harry Dresden fan so these were right down my alley. I'm also giving Charles Stross a try too.

Quatermass

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 7, 2010
MsUlaWil said:
I just recently discovered Ben and think he's great! I'm a big Harry Dresden fan so these were right down my alley. I'm also giving Charles Stross a try too.
Ooh, Charles Stross is pretty damn good. The Laundry series starts with The Atrocity Archives, and the series mixes in Lovecraftian horror, espionage, and dark humour.

User Menu

Newsletter