Best Audio Book Reader?

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Best Audio Book Reader?

• Nigel Planer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Celia Imrie

• Stephen Briggs

• Tony Robinson

• Total voters

Ezekiel000

Lance-Constable
Oct 7, 2008
I like Nigel Planer & Steven Briggs readings, but I'm interested in what other people think.

Abridged or Unabridged is not really a factor in this poll, it's more to do with favourite interpretations of voices and reading style.

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
I too have only heard Tony Robinson, & he gets up my nose. What's with the characters whispering (specifically Angua)? I have to turn the volume up!

Can't afford the others so I couldn't comment.

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
They're good company at the gym as well. You almost forget you're doing something unpleasant.

Annebn

Constable
Jul 25, 2008
Germany
I voted for Briggs, but I can only compare to Tony Robinson, as I've not heard the others. In fact, I've only heard two of the audiobooks. Both were good, but I prefered the un-abridged one.

windle poons

Lance-Constable
Sep 15, 2008
Hertford
I recently heard a really bad version of Thief of Time published by Fantastic Audio in the US with different readers for each of the storylines.of the 3 readers only one makes any atempt at charecterisation the other 2 just read the words,I did not find it at all gripping and much prefer even Tony Robinson I havent heard the Isis version yet .
Bob

Foul ole Ron

Lance-Constable
Jun 5, 2009
Difficult to choose between Planer & Briggs IMO.

I prefer some of the voices of Planer (Death & Colon particularly) but Briggs is excellent too.

Poor old Celia, I dont want to diss her but I just had to give up listening to her efforts in the end, just couldn't keep my interest at all.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Foul ole Ron said:
Difficult to choose between Planer & Briggs IMO.

I prefer some of the voices of Planer (Death & Colon particularly) but Briggs is excellent too.

Poor old Celia, I dont want to diss her but I just had to give up listening to her efforts in the end, just couldn't keep my interest at all.
Welcome to the site Ron! :laugh:

bogieman

Constable
Jul 26, 2008
My choice in order of preferance,
Possibly not being fair to Toni as he reads all the abridged versions.

Stephen Briggs then Nigel Planer then Celia Imrie then Tony Robinson

and then Stefan Rudnicki, Harlan Ellison who did a version of thief of time.

User Menu

Newsletter