Black Sleeve Editions

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Jun 22, 2010
Hello everyone!
I came to read the Discworld Novels very late (I had to learn proper English first, it's no good in translation). When I first started buying the books, I started with the black sleeve editions. Unfortunately, I found that they have only been published up until Thief of Time. Amazon-Germany tells me that the others are going to come out in 2035 (right...!) and Amazon-UK isn't any more helpful.
Does anyone know anything about the Black editions? I'd really like to read Going Postal before I watch the film and I'm kind of keen on it, so I don't want to wait until 2035...
(Yes, I know it's stupid to judge a book by it's cover, but I like it neat. I also sort the banknotes in my purse after value and the right way up and everything at my lab bench is colour coded.)

Ook!

Jun 21, 2010
UK - Somerset
In the UK Waterstones seem to stock the whole series in black cover.

http://www.waterstones.com/waterstonesweb/search/terry+pratchett/0/0/?pageNumber=0

Although i do agree with the principle of not judging a book by its cover, the DW books have a great amount of collectability, and having a complete set is always nice...

if not, ebay may be your friend, (although me and ebay don't see eye to eye)

Best of luck hunting. :laugh:

Ook!

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
You might try Play.com as well. They do free delivery to Europe. :laugh:

You can't get Eric in the black covers as it was originaly published by a different publisher and The Last Hero is a picture book and therefore not available (as far as I know) in the black covers.

Welcome to the site! :laugh:

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Apparently you CAN get The Last Hero with the black covers. :eek:

With the link to Play.com - if you work your way thraough the pages, you'll find pretty much all the black covers on the various pages. :)

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
How strange. o_O I can only assume that with the TV show a lot of people have rushed out and bought the book.

It really is available (normally) in the black covers and, indeed, Waterstones do normally carry it.

This is what it looks like:

You may have to be patient until they get more stock in. I even looked on the Transworld site (they publish Terry's books :eek: ) and they didn't have it either.

Jun 22, 2010
How odd!
I have now checked all the other books that are not available on Amazon, and apart from Going Postal they are all available on Waterstones. This I don't get, either. It kind of annoys me, because I have to pay 6 pounds delivery costs for two books... I don't get why Amazon doesn't have any books from Nigh Watch to Making Money.

User Menu

Newsletter