Blind Io???

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Ook!

Jun 21, 2010
UK - Somerset
This is a really pointless question, but it's one that has been bugging me for a while...

How do people pronounce his name? Because phonetically i read Blind Y-O...

Does anyone else read it differently?

Ook!

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
What I am curious about is why Terry named Him Io. o_O

As I said - Io is one of the Jovian Moons and said to be one of the most volcanically active places in the known solar system. Huge volcanoes have been witnessed on its surface and it's reckoned that it is so active it effectively turns itself inside-out.

But Io was also a nymph, who was turned into a cow after being seduced by Zeus. :laugh:

I have a feeling Terry is hiding a joke in there somewhere - but I can't imagine what.

Ook!

Jun 21, 2010
UK - Somerset
Tonyblack said:
What I am curious about is why Terry named Him Io. o_O

As I said - Io is one of the Jovian Moons and said to be one of the most volcanically active places in the known solar system. Huge volcanoes have been witnessed on its surface and it's reckoned that it is so active it effectively turns itself inside-out.

But Io was also a nymph, who was turned into a cow after being seduced by Zeus. :laugh:

I have a feeling Terry is hiding a joke in there somewhere - but I can't imagine what.
Thanks, thats great! i feel a little stupid for not knowing that, but now i do, so all's well that ends well. Thanks again!

Also hey there Jan :laugh:

Ook!

Oct 10, 2009
italy-genova
that's exactly why I chose to read it E-o, because it's like 'blind me', like I'm blind and can't see any of you, and also because the sound of eye-oh is like 'ouch' in italian, which sounded a bit silly to me.

User Menu

Newsletter