Book Events

Welcome to the Official Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the official Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Ghost

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 6, 2012
Blackcountry
Introduction
This Thread is about Book events signings and the like that you're going to or have been for example:

I accidentally brought a ticket for a talk/signing of Pan's Labyrinth: The Labyrinth Of The Faun.
An extension of the Pan's Labyrinth movie not a novelisation of the film its self
this was a bad case of me clicking before I looked as I didn't realise this till a few days after the fact
I saw Guillermo Del Toro's name and clicked whoops Guillermo Del Toro is not going to be at Brum
no Cornelia Funke who co-wrote this book is.
Cornelia Funke who is not one of my favorite authors but she did write The Inkheart Trilogy I enjoyed the film of that so that's a positive I think

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
It's certainly something to watch out for. I hope the book is a good one and not just someone trying to cash into a known name. Who was the writer and what else have they written (if anything)? The whole co-author phenomenon is an odd one. We saw it with the Long Earth series. I think it was clear that the book was mostly Stephen Baxter, with only a small dose of Terry Pratchett. And, while I enjoyed the series, I probably wouldn't have bought them without Terry's name on the cover.

Ghost

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 6, 2012
Blackcountry
the most well-known stuff Cornelia has written was Inkheart which was made into a film of the same name
a huge wrist breaker* novel that has many many plot holes and is one of the few examples of the film being better although marginally so than the book
*I call any book that has about a 1000 pages plus wrist breakers

=Tamar

Sergeant
May 20, 2012
Which is the wristbreaker? Pan's ...Faun? or Inkheart?
I liked the first Inkheart book, but I disliked the 2 sequels that made it into a trilogy.
Sometimes it's better to let a book just end.

Catch-up

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 26, 2008
Michigan, U.S.A.
Ghost, so sorry you bought tickets before you realized it wasn't what you thought it was. Hope it's still enjoyable.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
I must admit I did not like the film, Pan's Labyrinth very much although it got good reviews.
It was a brutal film that wasn't a children's story, even though that might have seemed the idea. And I find myself getting angry with the girl when she touches the food. Who would do that and risk waking up that thing?

Book of the Month

Moving Pictures

"Pratchett’s wackiness collaborates with Gaiman’s morbid humour; the result is a humanist delight to be savoured and read again and again."

Latest posts

User Menu

Newsletter