Book Signings

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

quizgeezer

Lance-Constable
Aug 28, 2008
Kent UK
www.quizgeezer.co.uk
As the owner of an excessive number of Pratchett books (250 and rising) I was wondering if anyone knows of any future book siginings after Southport (2nd October) - hopefully I will be there

Iain Clover aka QuizGeezer

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Hi Iain and welcome. No, sorry I think the signings are finished for this book (Nation). I hope you weren't planning on taking 250 books to be signed. :laugh:

Jul 26, 2008
well im hoping to go to the southport signing, but i only get back from a hectic few days in ireland so i dunno if i'll be up for it, and do you know what after all the time ive spent wondering if i ever met him what would i say, i can honestly say i still dont know what to say :oops:

quizgeezer

Lance-Constable
Aug 28, 2008
Kent UK
www.quizgeezer.co.uk
Southport Book Signing

Left home (Kent) at 06:20 this morning got to book shop @ 11:30 ... first in the queue, with blagging a few people to take a couple of my books to be signed, if they only had one book, and going round three times, I did manage to get 40 books signed today, plus 3 I was made to buy in the shop, in order to get my priority ticket each time. You wont find any of them on E-Bay anytime soon either

Mr P as always displayed great humour throughout the day.

Finally got home just before midnight - the wife thinks I am totally sad, but I had a great day, standing in the rain in Southport. That and the 10 hours, 600 mile round trip.

quizgeezer

Lance-Constable
Aug 28, 2008
Kent UK
www.quizgeezer.co.uk
Fame Again !!!!

I have just watched the video clip that is with the article and there is a short clip of me getting a boxed set of the miniature books signed ... well its my arm you can see ... but it is a world famous arm now !!!!!!!!!

Magrat

Lance-Constable
Oct 3, 2008
Erm - Visiter is the English spelling (which has been droppped out of our dictionary as a lot of other english spelled words), Visitor is the American

Oh and that woman at the start of the vid that looks like she might pass out in fear / awe is me :), and they put a pic of me on the Southport.gb site too :eek:

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Magrat said:
Erm - Visiter is the English spelling (which has been droppped out of our dictionary as a lot of other english spelled words), Visitor is the American

Oh and that woman at the start of the vid that looks like she might pass out in fear / awe is me :), and they put a pic of me on the Southport.gb site too :eek:
Welcome to the site Magrat and thanks for the info on 'visiter' I never knew that. :)

So - what did you say to Terry when you got your book signed?

Blackwolfdreaming

Lance-Constable
Aug 20, 2008
Manchester
It was great to see Mr P in Southport although I was in the poor schleps queue (There were 2 queues one for those who bought a copy of Nation or Folklore on the day, or the other queue for those of use who already had copies, the first queue were seen with priority) where was CMOT Dibbler to provide sustainance while we queued? (hmmm now there is an idea! LOL)

Magrat

Lance-Constable
Oct 3, 2008
Thanks for the welcome Tony

I can't actually remember what I said to Mr Pratchett (I remember calling him that and him saying "Terry, please") Still too weird calling by his first name seeing as I don't know him.
I just mumbled lots of random vowels and constonants at him and tried to not pass out :laugh:

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
I sometimes wonder if the scene in the department store from Hogfather was based on the signings. I'll bet there are a lot of 'nk'you' people at them. :laugh:

Without the naughty piggy of course. ;)

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
Magrat said:
Visiter is the English spelling (which has been droppped out of our dictionary as a lot of other english spelled words), Visitor is the American
Thanks Magrat, this is really interesting - I love to hear things about the evolution of language, it reminds me of the evolution of DNA (there are even papers written on this - would this qualify for an Ig Nobel or is it sufficiently sensible?).

I know some people get upset when the English language changes, but I'm not one of them. Bring it on!

User Menu

Newsletter