Captain Pooh Carrot - Comments

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
I liked it, despite your shocking parody of the magnificent Dotsie! You don't know nagging yet pal :laugh:

One thing - if JL was never assasinated, how come Cpt PC already knows he's going back to New York? It kind of reads like you know he's supposed to be dead, but it didn't happen for some reason.

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
Redline proofing services -

Intro
It is the year 3012AJ ~ presumably 3000+ years after the date of publication of the the Book of John?
In current reckoning this would of course add three thousand years to 2012CE so the year would then be 5012? Would humans still be living a life relatively akin to current reality after 3000 years when they weren't warring the whole time? Discuss...

Chapter 1 (1st post)
Since mankind had learned to control the weather, everyday was perfect. ~ every day

Chapter 1 (2nd post)
The last time they had indulged in sex had been nearly a month ago, and the last meal she had served him had been cold beens on burnt toast. ~ beans

You shouldn't hang out with those loses. They're bad news." ~ losers or louses (but the pleasuretron's already done the lice gag ;) )

Chapter 1 (3rd post)
winked her bionic eye mischieviously. ~ mispronunciation: the last 'i' is superflous = mischievously

Chapter 1 (4th post)
It is imperitive that she doesn't make it to Tescos ~ imperative

Around 2050 words so far :laugh: A journey starts with but a single step etc etc.

Regarding the potential anomaly in your 'knowing' about the RL killing - keep the shooting incident in there as 'history' - that means you can know about the attempt etc and will get your trip to NYC 1980 after all. I'd suggest that you make very sure to get Dot-C something special before you go back to the future though - however many times you have to go back... :twisted:

Title of The Book ~ Hmm - ish... All you need is Love* has to be the most trite and irritating tune ever :rolleyes: Would 'Imagine' not come into it somewhere or is that too predictable? :p

*Also it was credited to Lennon/McCartney even though John wrote it - I think his ego would have wanted the title to be something that wholly 'belonged' to him 8)

poohcarrot

Sergeant-at-Arms
Sep 13, 2009
NOT The land of the risen Son!!
All done without a spell checker, and my electronic dictionary broke two weeks ago so there are bound to be a few spelling mistakes, but ta for pointing them out to me. :laugh:

It has taken me approx 6 hours so far. So for 80,000 words that'll be 40 x 6 = 240 hours. That is of course if I continue at the same speed. However, once I get the hang of it, it should become faster.

It's impossible for Carrot to go back in time more than once, for reasons that will become clear very shortly. It's all to do with the the fact that time isn't linear. If he isn't successful this time, his world will cease to exist because of the evil shape-shifting Quirm-bot. 8)

poohcarrot

Sergeant-at-Arms
Sep 13, 2009
NOT The land of the risen Son!!
Sorry Sjoerd.

Bad news, you've just been relegated to a normal cop, not a time cop. :(
Good news, you're going to have a big part to play in the second half of the book. :laugh:
Bad news, you're going to be a sadistic religious cop on the parallel fundi Christian world. :twisted:

(assuming I get that far, of course)

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
If you haven't already, you should read The Handmaid's Tale (futuristic story where one religion has replaced all others, for the good of the people whether they like it or not), and The Book of Dave (a book written by a taxi driver for his son becomes a religious text in the future). Or you could just play up the time cop thing ;)

Jul 20, 2009
Lelystad, The Netherlands
poohcarrot said:
Sorry Sjoerd.

Bad news, you've just been relegated to a normal cop, not a time cop. :(
Good news, you're going to have a big part to play in the second half of the book. :laugh:
Bad news, you're going to be a sadistic religious cop on the parallel fundi Christian world. :twisted:

(assuming I get that far, of course)
If I have a big role I'm happy 8)

User Menu

Newsletter