Castle

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Quatermass

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 7, 2010
My mother enjoys Castle, and I have to admit, I watch a little bit of it myself. I actually prefer Nathan Fillion in this rather than Firefly.

Apr 29, 2009
London
Dave - there's a lot of Firefly references in Castle, so I'm led to believe.

There are also 2 books to accompany the series, both written by Richard Castle - Heat Wave and Naked Heat.

An internet buddy of mine loaned me Heat Wave, and I've just downloaded Naked Heat to my Kindle!

Bouncy Castle said:
Dave - there's a lot of Firefly references in Castle, so I'm led to believe.

There are also 2 books to accompany the series, both written by Richard Castle - Heat Wave and Naked Heat.

An internet buddy of mine loaned me Heat Wave, and I've just downloaded Naked Heat to my Kindle!
I saw the episdoe where he dress up as Mal and have seen a clip of him speaking Chinese. :laugh:

Have had my eye on Heat Wave for a while, it's cheap on Amazon,

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
Just watched the first episode, and I have to say it's going to give me something to watch while I wait for the next season of Mentalist! Despite the blatant rip-off, it's OK to watch.

I missed any Firefly references.

Apr 29, 2009
London
Dotsie said:
Just watched the first episode, and I have to say it's going to give me something to watch while I wait for the next season of Mentalist! Despite the blatant rip-off, it's OK to watch.

I missed any Firefly references.

Blatant rip-off of what, exactly?

Apr 29, 2009
London
:eek:

I thought she might mean it's a rip-off of The Mentalist, which is a laff, because The Mentalist is itself a rip-off of Psych!!

And The Mentalist is nowt like Castle. For a start Castle is funny, and Richard Castle doesn't wander round with a smug smile on his face all the time, and his hands in the pockets of his sleeveless jumper!!

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
Bouncy Castle said:
:eek:

I thought she might mean it's a rip-off of The Mentalist, which is a laff, because The Mentalist is itself a rip-off of Psych!!
She did mean that exactly - even if The Mentalist is ripped off from elsewhere. The characters lift right out of one series and into the other. Doesn't mean I won't watch it again.

I'm just waiting for Van Pelt to show up. It'll happen.

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
Note to self - don't insult any programme with Nathon Filion in it if there's a chance Bouncy will read it :eek:

(they're practically the same show - damn! Couldn't help myself)

User Menu

Newsletter