Catweazle

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

author3

Sergeant
May 8, 2011
Sunnydale Highschool
Does anybody else know this show fron 1970 and 1971
It's one of my all time favorite tv shows
If you haven't seen it it's about this ''wizard'' from 1066
who while running away from a group off Normans
falls into a lake and time travels to 1969
There were 2 series aired
I hope somebody else has seen it :laugh:

Nov 21, 2010
£20!! Not sure about that. We don't tend to buy DVD's in our house other than for my lad as we never get chance to watch them :laugh:

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
Catweazle was brill! :laugh: It was one of my favourite shows and is probably the reason why I liked Discworld so much when it started, because Catweazle was quite like Rincewind in some respects :laugh: Geoffrey Bayldon who played him was also in another of my favourite TV shows - Worzel Gummidge. He played the Crowman :laugh:

The Mad Collector

Sergeant-at-Arms
Sep 1, 2010
Ironbridge UK
www.bearsonthesquare.com
Jan Van Quirm said:
Catweazle was brill! :laugh: It was one of my favourite shows and is probably the reason why I liked Discworld so much when it started, because Catweazle was quite like Rincewind in some respects :laugh: Geoffrey Bayldon who played him was also in another of my favourite TV shows - Worzel Gummidge. He played the Crowman :laugh:
I'm with you Jan, it was a definite watch when I was a child although I've never seen it since and don't think I want to as I don't want to be dissappointed as there is no way it could live up to my childhood memories. There was also a cartoon version in one of the comics of the day.

User Menu

Newsletter