China Mieville

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Antiq

Sergeant
Nov 23, 2010
Ireland
I have recently read The Iron Council and The City and the City, and loved them both. I wondered if any of you guys have read him, and what do you think? If you haven't I recommend giving him a go :laugh:

nickinwestwales

Lance-Constable
Jan 9, 2011
Absolutely bloody brilliant-started with Perdido Street station (read it soon-its the best) and swiftly moved onto the rest-lent it to my brother in law and he bought all the rest on the strength of the first 3 chapters-highly recommended
ATB
Nick

Antiq

Sergeant
Nov 23, 2010
Ireland
Reading it now. My favourite so far still is Iron Council, but yeah, what an amazingly creative and - even harder to find - original writer!

He's amazing. I don't think there's a more exciting writer in the fantasy scene at the moment. A genuinely stellar talent and, incredibly, he's actually getting better with each passing novel, unlike a lot of young writers who arrive in a blaze of glory and then fade into mediocrity.

high eight

Lance-Corporal
Dec 28, 2009
The Back of Beyond
The City and the City is a work of twisted genius - I read it nearly a year ago and scenes from it still sometimes drift across my conciousness unbidden. I'm just about to start Kraken.

User Menu

Newsletter