City Watch TV Drama

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
A

Anonymous

Okay, this time my random playlist nearly killed me...
At the other thread it was already bad with jumping to an mp3 of CSI: Miami oneliners... but this time it jumped from the one liners to The Who's 'The bargain'

Thanks a lot trekstore >_> *glares at her mp3 player* now I'll always imagine a watch-styled csi-opening to that song

Quatermass

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 7, 2010
captainmeme said:
I'm not particularly excited about this; Carrot'll be in it, and I always find that characters are much better in my imagination than in films. I don't to lose my image of Carrot.
If John Levene was as young as he was when he did Doctor Who, I would think that he would make an excellent Carrot.

Nowadays...I cannot think of an actor offhand. Hugh Jackman's not beefy enough, and Christian Bale isn't quite clean enough.

Eric Bana, perhaps?

EDIT: This is weird. My post has been posted, but it's not showing in the latest posts for this forum from the main forum... o_O

chris.ph

Sergeant-at-Arms
Aug 12, 2008
swansea south wales
ive said this on here b4 absolutely ages ago, my friend i used to train with would make a good carrot, he is now a tna wrestler in america called big rob in the british invasion tag wrestling side, he is a big lad and a nice bloke in real life :laugh: his real name is rob terry and he makes me look small :laugh:

Beyond

Lance-Constable
Mar 11, 2011
Tonyblack said:
BatrickPatrick said:
But anyone they cast as Vimes will be wrong. >.>
That's what I think as well. I don't think every fan will be happy with whatever the choice.
I don't think the problem is the looks. Just in the books the characters are so vivid. If the actor is superficial, then the charm of his character is lost.

Jul 25, 2008
Newport
chris.ph said:
ive said this on here b4 absolutely ages ago, my friend i used to train with would make a good carrot, he is now a tna wrestler in america called big rob in the british invasion tag wrestling side, he is a big lad and a nice bloke in real life :laugh: his real name is rob terry and he makes me look small :laugh:
Flicking through channels the other night and King Sheamus (WWE) would fit too, wouldn't even need to change his hair colour :laugh:

deldaisy

Sergeant-at-Arms
Oct 1, 2010
Brisbane, Australia
Beyond said:
Tonyblack said:
BatrickPatrick said:
But anyone they cast as Vimes will be wrong. >.>
That's what I think as well. I don't think every fan will be happy with whatever the choice.
I don't think the problem is the looks. Just in the books the characters are so vivid. If the actor is superficial, then the charm of his character is lost.
:laugh: :laugh: Who cares! Bring on CSI Ankh-Morpork! The plots, the twists, the bloody murders! :laugh:

unseenu

Lance-Corporal
Feb 19, 2010
Hull,uk
This is going to be fantastic but I hope it dosen't go too mainstream,if it does people new to discworld will think that Terry's books are just novelizations of the series :cry:

User Menu

Newsletter