Columbo on tour - for all you A Team fans.

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
Dirk does sort of look a little like Pete Falk (without the glass eye obviously) and hasn't he had some throat surgery so the voice'd probably be OK too

My mum adored Columbo and the tour's finishing up in Truro and Plymouth, so this might be a great treat for her as she's never been a theatre regular but does love whodunnits (or howcatchems) - something different for her anyway :laugh:

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Sjoerd3000 said:
did you know there is a A-team movie coming? With Laim Neeson as Hannibal ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z93AADd2Dpo&feature=fvw
Only a fool would go and see that!

I wished I'd had my camera with me the other day as there was a van parked outsie the post office that someone had half-heartedly painted up to look like the A-Team van. It was a really crappy paint job. :laugh:

Penfold

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 29, 2009
Worthing
www.lenbrookphotography.com
I bought my mum two tickets for the play. She went last night, with a friend, and both said it was great. Even the local newspaper gave it a good review, although they criticized the speed of the scene changes (apparently there are a lot of them). However, they did point out that they saw the play during the first week of a national tour and the scene shifters should soon get the hang of what sounds to be a complicated job once they have got some experience under their belts.

From what my mum and her friend say, Dirk Bennedict played the part very well, with a lot of humour, and that the play is well worth seeing! :laugh:

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
I always enjoyed Columbo on TV. Does anyone remember the spin-off show - Mrs Columbo? I never realised when I used to watch it that Mrs Columbo was played by Kate Mulgrew who went on to play Captain Janeway in Start Trek Voyager. :laugh:

User Menu

Newsletter