Cover of 'Men at Arms'

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Andrew Böber

Lance-Constable
Nov 24, 2009
London, UK
During my recent house move I have accidently ruined the dust cover of my hardback edition to 'Men at Arms' does anyone have any ideas how I can fix the situation? Books don't seem right without all there bits.

Andrew

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
I'd suggest secondhand bookstores - see if you can get a cheap copy with a good dustcover. I don't see how else you can get around it to be honest.

You could try looking at somewhere like Abe Books - as you can see from this link there's quite a few hardbacks available fairly cheaply. :)

Andrew Böber

Lance-Constable
Nov 24, 2009
London, UK
I had emailed the publishers but they keep cust covers for only 6mths (no harm in asking).

I think the solution may be asking someone to scan a high res copy into PDF for me and then I twist the arm of a graphics team to print out on gloss which can be cut to shape.

Anyone have a copy they'd like to scan the cover of?? o_O

Andrew

theoldlibrarian

Lance-Corporal
Dec 30, 2009
Dublin, Ireland
There are a number of companies around who do book binding, re-binding and restoration jobs. I'd give you a few links but I only know the ones in Dublin.
If you''re worried at any stage about copyright give terry's publishers an email.
And welcome to the site Andrew :laugh:
EDIT: Sorry about that I just realized you've been here longer than me :oops:

Andrew Böber

Lance-Constable
Nov 24, 2009
London, UK
I dropped a line to the publishers.

Really not a prob. I think alround for reaons of (c) such matters will be dealt with by pikcing up a copy second hand at some point.

That or doing a Nobby - i.e. picking it up from the second hand book shop and slipping out the door with it. o_O

Something I naturally would otherwise never endorse either.

Andrew

User Menu

Newsletter