Dedicated to ....?

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk

They say you can say it with flowers, but if you're like me and get hayfever and/or prefer your bouquets not to be torn out of their natural habitat for 5 minutes in a vase with aspirin to keep 'em from wilting, these days there's good ole YouTube and the like to help ya get stuff off yer chest in a more memorable and somewhat permanent way ;)

You get the idea - you want to tell someone something (even tell yourself something if you like :laugh: ) or make a point - whatever. Put a link up to a song or a sketch or image that carries your message and say who it's for and why (if it's not too plain or not too private) 8)

So this is something for Tina, but it's also an anthem I've been taking some heart from recently myself, from Pink of all people (hate hate hate anything pink in general but I'll make an exception for her now)

....ing Perfect (<<< - linkie!) - it's the proper version, so there's cursing which is also v. therapeutic of course :twisted:

Anything to add? Something new to say or shout about? Post it up here! ;)

PS - it doesn't have to be pink, pink...

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
Because the 'official' version omits the cursing? ;) It's 'Pretty' Perfect :rolleyes: that's got airplay on the radio over here and probably why the record's not as noticed because everyone knows the proper words maybe ;)

There's a rather literal and therefore trite vid to go with it (possibly for a film - not sure) which I didn't link to as it's not suitable for nutcases like us, :p but it's the studio version so easy enough to find on YouTube :laugh:

deldaisy

Sergeant-at-Arms
Oct 1, 2010
Brisbane, Australia
Nah. We are "pretty" liberal with our song lyrics here. (Maybe it was one of my "my ears are destroyed with 158 different kinds of music playing in every shop in the mall while I was at work I refuse to listen to music" stages)

In any case.... Love it.

deldaisy

Sergeant-at-Arms
Oct 1, 2010
Brisbane, Australia
Jan Van Quirm said:
Someone Like You

There was a reason I never went on Facebook - I knew what I'd find you see, but some things you just don't want confirmed. This one's for Frank and what might have been your truth for a time at least, but you're history now so that's OK and tonight I don't have to think about you anymore. :(
(((((((((((((((JAN)))))))))))))))))

I don't need to know why or what.... but it seems you could use a hug.

A big squeezy squeezy one that makes your eyes bulge and your bottom burp.

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
I feel guilty that I never commented on this :( But I didn't really know what to say. So, I'll just offer hugs as well and hope it's not too late.

deldaisy

Sergeant-at-Arms
Oct 1, 2010
Brisbane, Australia
Oh Dotsie! :rolleyes:

You know perfectly well its NEVER too late for hugs :laugh:

Or too early!

They are a sort of year round, 24/7 thing. In fact... sometimes you don't even need an excuse. :laugh:

Mind you... if its something really important its best to give very BIG hugs.... the kind that cut off their air supply.. and make them pass out from oxygen deprivation and have a "little kindy nap" kind of thing. Its a kindness really... sort of gives them a bit of a rest from thinking about the thing that made them sad. And if you poke them with a stick after a bit, they wake feeling much refreshed.

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
Hey gals - it's OK. :laugh: I was just being overly cryptic ;)

This is 'our' song now...

Best Thing I never Had :p

I just needed some time to stop being angry with him (and me too) - it's better than what I'd thought had happened as I was wondering if he'd been badly hurt or even killed out in Afghanistan, but he's home and safe and so, finally am I (I'd actually started looking in the NATO casualty lists for a while :rolleyes: ). TBH I'm still not sure what the reality is with him, but if the wife's still around I not going to be tempted to tell her how he literally bumped her off for a bit there, so I've dumped all his contacts :rolleyes:

MEN!!! :laugh: At least the housemate's my friend even if he's a fat load of use for other stuff ;)

BTW - other people can post their dedications in here - it's good to dump and play DJ! :laugh:

deldaisy

Sergeant-at-Arms
Oct 1, 2010
Brisbane, Australia
See Dotsie? A HUGE hug.... a bit of oxygen deprivation and Jan is JUUUUST FIIIIINE!

You can still have hugs Jan. Can't take hugs back.

youtube won't let me post my "dedication" without verification of adult status and a blood sample. Apparently its a bit rude. and may may may use a swear word.... or fifty hundred and fifty,,, million.

Oh ... found a way around it!

For when you are having a really really really bad bad day because of a real jerk and you are SO speechless you need some "prompting" and don't have a theasaurus handy.

REALLY EXCESSIVE LANGUAGE I mean REALLY... you have been warned.

deldaisy

Sergeant-at-Arms
Oct 1, 2010
Brisbane, Australia
Catchy huh jan? :twisted:

Just watch you don't start singing it while you are shopping or on the bus...

Chorus:
You take a pile of **** and a pile of ****
You gotta **** **** stack,
A **** **** stack.....

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
Wow - long time no post! :eek: Time to give this a bump again! For Tina 'cos I haven't posted much back to her for various reasons as I've not been on much lately (no worries just RL stuff to get through) and couldn't find the words when I was...

... so for you Tina (and it's so you as well!) for a welcome back and good times to look forward to

(some naughty words here and there but nothing you don't hear in junior school :p )

Del

Sergeant
Mar 1, 2012
My daughter has been having a hell of a time lately with how they keep changing her medications over and over... someone who doesnt really understand the whole thing said to me... "Why doesnt she just tell them she isnt coping with them changing her meds all the time?" or some such thing... how do you make them understand that that takes a composed thought train to do that...

She posted this link on her Facebook last week... she never does that... thats when I got in the car and went to see her immediately. You girls might like to read it... its good.

http://www.xojane.com/issues/front-til- ... nt-anymore

User Menu

Newsletter