Discworld Action Figures???

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Interesting - but what (if anything) did you think of the Discworld figures?

Or did you just Google "action figures" and find us that way so you could post about your own site?

It's an odd way to introduce yourself to website by advertising another in your first post.

TiannaStarfall

Lance-Constable
Dec 12, 2008
UK
www.tiannastarfall.co.uk
3 New Discworld Miniatures

MicroArt Studios are now selling the further three Discworld miniatures - The Luggage, Nobby Nobs and Susan Sto Helit. They have painted examples on their website, although they are again being sold unpainted.

I have just finished assembling and painting the first five figures and cannot wait to get my hands on these ones!

TiannaStarfall

Lance-Constable
Dec 12, 2008
UK
www.tiannastarfall.co.uk
Three new "greens" by Kul Asyrk on coolminiornot - that means they will soon be available as metal multi-part figures from MicroArt Studios:

Death R'N'R

The Librarian

Cohen the Barbarian

Here are the latest three that became available painted by MicroArt Studios:

Susan Sto Helit

The Luggage

Nobby Nobs

Here are the first five released - assembled and painted by me using the MicroArt colour scheme:

Death

Rincewind

Granny Weatherwax

Nanny Ogg

Sam Vimes

I am happy to paint these by commission and am also starting to sell some I have already finished. Will paint to any colour scheme requirements.

TiannaStarfall

Lance-Constable
Dec 12, 2008
UK
www.tiannastarfall.co.uk
Tonyblack said:
Those are fab! :laugh:

I hope you don't mind that I've linked this post to another Pratchett site where people have been asking about getting figures painted. ;)
Not at all - In fact I really appreciate it - I love painting these guys!

Just to be crystal clear - I only painted the last five.

I hope to get the opportunity to paint the others soon.

TiannaStarfall

Lance-Constable
Dec 12, 2008
UK
www.tiannastarfall.co.uk
Surprised no one here has beaten me to it...

The latest "greens" by Kul Asyrk are on the coolminiornot website, which means they will soon be available for sale as multi-part metal miniatures from MicroArt Studios.

They are Twoflower, Otto Shriek, Mustrum Ridcully, Esme Weatherwax II and Giamo Casanunda. I have posted pictures to my blog http://tiannastarfall.blogspot.com/. The pictures are quite long as they are multi-angle shots of each figure so I thought it best not to fill up the forum!

I am not really sure about the latest Esme Weatherwax, but the others are spot on I think!

Aug 4, 2008
West Yorkshire
I dislike them. You can buy them in the UK as well now. Unpainted of course. Paul Kidby's site http://www.paulkidby.com/miniatures/index.html

Bought the first ones from the original site and realised that there was no way I could paint them with my hand problems. The lowest price I have been quoted was £10 per figure.

It would seem an awful shame to use them as game figures though. Being so small it would also be difficult displaying them.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
I have a few of the old Clarecraft pewter figures Blu-Tac-ed to the top of my computer monitor. They look pretty good there and can been seen quite easily.

If you don't feel able to paint them, why not spray paint them silver or bronze. They'd look pretty cool like that. :laugh:

Aug 4, 2008
West Yorkshire
That's a good idea but they would go underneath my monitor. I used to have the minature Myth and Magic figures collection there until recently. It seems a lot better than having them stuck in their containers not even glued together.

I think Gareth would like me to buy the complete set and get them painted. He can damn well stick them together though. They are so small. I agree that they are so much better cast than the CC pewters but I just can't take to them.

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
That's a shame, as I like the ones I have Paul Kidby desiged them so they are pretty acurate I do like them painted though not sure I have the skill, but will have to get my finger out and have a go as I now have the brushes and paint.

Batty

Sergeant
Feb 17, 2009
East Anglia
I've got 4 pewter figurines, The Discworld, Granny Weatherax, Death on Binky and Rincewind on Ninereeds.
I wish that I had more, but I won't pay silly prices for them!

freddy

Lance-Constable
Nov 26, 2008
I have now got one of the Death, Luggage, Rinswind figures and I have a friend who is exerllant at puttint them togather and painting them, I must take some pics, I have put mine with my clear craft figures and micher novels. I really like them, keep wanting to buy more but I dont really have the room. I got my friend some paint and brushers as a thankyou gift for hin and he was really grateful, he enjoyed doing them and whats suprising he dose them by nakied eye, no use of magnfie glass nad they are lovely detailed too :laugh: I really must sto looking at these threds it making want to buy some of the green resen one lol Thanks for posting

User Menu

Newsletter