Discworld Action Figures???

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
Duct tape is such a sticky nightmare, I tell Mr Dotsie (who's a brickie) that the only people who use it are builders and kidnappers :eek:

So I'm glad to hear you're in construction :laugh:

simone

Lance-Constable
Jul 27, 2008
Australian
a.j.kniveton said:
I've been looking for this sort of thing for a while now so I got excited when I saw this thread!

There seems to be quite a shortage of Discworld-themed merchandise to adorn your book collection with... but maybe that's a good thing! The word 'merchandise' has bad connotations, at least in my eyes.
Go to www.discworldemporium.co.uk and click on Shop, and join the 41 Thrall Legion (and make sure your credit card is fully charged- it starts small, but increases exponentially)

WELCOME! :laugh:

Jul 28, 2008
U.K.
Ive just recieved a set of these as a prezzie, and as Jason said, they come in bits.
I havent opened the boxes yet because it looks like i may need a steady hand & some concentration- something i definately wont have the nearer it gets to Christmas!

I was disappointed they didnt come with any paint though...?

TiannaStarfall

Lance-Constable
Dec 12, 2008
UK
www.tiannastarfall.co.uk
I am a miniature painter (mainly for role-playing games and boardgames) and Terry Pratchett enthusiast (have all of his books, read many, many times) so these figures are PERFECT for me!

I have offered a miniature painting service for the last 5 years and would be happy to paint these by commission. If anyone is interested please PM or email me.

I could not find a painting service on the excellent Micro Art Studio website, which is why I thought about offering my own here, if this seems inappropriate for this forum, please accept my apologies.

TiannaStarfall

Lance-Constable
Dec 12, 2008
UK
www.tiannastarfall.co.uk
New "greens"

I have just seen that there are three more figures to be added to the collection - the "greens" (that is the green resin original sculptures that will be made into metal miniatures) have been shown the coolminiornot website by the artist Kul Asyrk (all his work can be seen here http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/Kul%20Asyrk).

They are Susan Sto Helit, “Nobby” Nobbs and The Luggage.

I for one am very impressed :laugh:

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
I'm going to have to stop reading this thread.... I have no spare time as it is without going geek with this too :rolleyes:

Seriously guys this is an amazingly creative and therefore wholly addictive hobby activity that I'm striving to ignore like mad else I'll yet another addiction to add my overspill collection of fantasy 'distractions'.

I have a friend on the Tolkien site I mod for and he's done some exquisite work on the Middle Earth figures I just wish I had more time to dip into this! :cry:

Tianna - just looking at your website. Great job

freddy

Lance-Constable
Nov 26, 2008
Discworld Action Figures

Hi all I regonize those minacher discworld figures, they remind me of the chess picers you could get onece apon a time.

They are very nice, but as most of you are saying a bugger to paint, I have a an idea take them to you you local Games Work Shop and ask one of the boffins, froffers or what ever you wish to call them to paint it for you hee hee, there you go job done.

I really like Rincwind and Death, they would look grate on my shelfs next to my book; mmmmm now how to get some arharh I have a birthday in Jan right best get craking and email all my friends with links to the site and suggestions of what i would like.

By the way this form is well funny to read
:laugh: keep it up
:laugh:

Oct 13, 2008
Devon
Hi Tianna.
No, I must not start collecting figures too. I really have nowhere to put them. :(
Shame there doesn't seem to be a Tiffany figure though as I really would like to know what I look like :laugh: 8)

User Menu

Newsletter