Discworld signed books, figures, etc

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

iainj

Feb 26, 2010
surrey
Hi there - newbie on here, so please be gentle....

Help please - I have a number of early TP/Discworld novels - almost all signed with comments from TP (he swore at me when he saw the crate of books I brought in for him all those years ago :laugh: ). Most of them are 1st edition hard backs, in very good order - and it includes a hardback original library edition of the Carpet People.

In addition, I have a number of the original Clarecraft Discworld figures, some with a little wear and tear.

I am moving to Canada later this year, and don't necessarily want to take them over there......not do I want to sell them on ebay - I'd rather know that they are going to discerning fans who will look after them like Nanny Ogg's cookbook.

Can someone let me know if there is somewhere I can ensure that they will go to a good home without "cuttin' me own throat" ?

Cheers :)
Iain

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Hi Iain and welcome to the site. :laugh:

We are always nice to newbies here. ;)

As to the books and figures - you could list them here along with the prices you are after and deal with everything yourself, but I suspect that might get quite complicated.

EBay really is your best bet I'd say and I'd imagine that anyone buying the items from there will indeed be genuine Pratchett fans - especially if you have a minimum price for the more valuable items. An ordinary 'punter' isn't likely to want to pay megabucks for a rare first edition unless he's a collector.

I hope that helps - good luck! If you do sell on eBay, then feel free to post a link to the sale on here. ;)

iainj

Feb 26, 2010
surrey
Thanks Tony and Sjoerd

Your thoughts are much appreciated - it looks like ebay may be the best option.....now I have to find out prices for the books, etc (any assistance here would be great too lol) :eek:

Rest assured, if I do list them, their links will be posted....and I would be open to bulk offers :)

I may well put a full list on here prior to auction in case anyone is interested if that's ok

Cheers
Iain

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
You might try PMing Discworldaholic for his advice as far as the books go. He's a collector and has a lot of knowledge about the avrious editions.

You could also try searching Abe Books. HERE for example, is their listing (highest to lowest price) of first editions of The Carpet People.

Jul 26, 2008
yep im happy to help where i can and you never know you might have one or two im after and youll know theyre going to a very good home then and not re selling.

User Menu

Newsletter