Disney buys Marvel

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

The rat

Lance-Corporal
Apr 18, 2009
Bad Blintz
One thing that they did say was that Dinsey was loosing a lot of men and boys since the emphasis was on Hanna and the Jonas Bros. How better to do that than some all american comic book heros!!!

Catch-up

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 26, 2008
Michigan, U.S.A.
Which implies that they'd be incorporating some of this into the parks, don't you think? Certainly they could just rake in the money from owning the rights. How weird would it be to have a meet & greet with Wolverine in Disney World?! :eek: :laugh: But then, I suffered a real disconnect when they put Star Wars and Indiana Jones in, and now they just seem to fit as if they've always been there. Like I said, should be interesting!

Catch-up

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 26, 2008
Michigan, U.S.A.
:eek: Wow! How do you really feel Tina? :laugh:

Honestly though, can't say I see that at all. o_O I can understand where the movies and/or the parks aren't some people's cup of tea, but I don't agree there's any basis for an accusation that ugly.

My wallet however... they most certainly use that up and throw it aside! :laugh:

I do not base it on the parks, I love Disneyworld, and my Dad worshipped Walt and raised us on Disney cartoons in the theater and Disney every Sunday night on Television.

I base it on the way they have ruined children's lives by using them up in the music industry and the Disney channel and not regulating how much these kids are abused by the industry. Have you really watched Disney TV? They make these children appear to be sex objects and portray them as the same. I see nothing wrong with cartoons, I grew up loving them and raised my children the same way.

I apologise if I offended you, but at least look at what I said with an open mind.

p.s. Other than my rant on how the band Metallica treats their fans, I do not usually have such strong feelings. After watching the way Disney portrayed Britney Spears and other young women, and then allowed the world to "have their way with them" not teaching these children any self esteem aside from their body or voice, I find that appalling. Beat me up if you wish, like I said, Walt was good, he was a visionary, I think the "caretakers" of his dream have fallen short.

Catch-up

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 26, 2008
Michigan, U.S.A.
I'm not mad at you Tina!! I would never be mad about something like this. Promise! I just had problems following your comments, that's all. Now that I've read your follow ups I understand where you were coming from. Although, I do have to say that I think Britney Spears did the sex symbol thing on her own, after she was no longer affiliated with Disney. As for her life taking a nose dive, I think that's far more her parents and her own responsibility than Disney's. And, yeah, I'm sorry to say that my oldest is now getting into Hannah Montana and The Wizards of Waverly Place - which might drive me nuts. But those girls definitely aren't in revealing clothes. They are in unbelievably hideous clothes, but that's another issue altogether. :laugh:

Hugs Tina! :laugh:

chris.ph

Sergeant-at-Arms
Aug 12, 2008
swansea south wales
little ole billy rays daughter is the richest teen on the planet and her father gives her pocket money as the last time she went on a spending spree she spent $20000 so old achy breaky took her credit card off her :laugh: :laugh:
christina aquilera seems tobe doing ok but britney spears did most of it to herself to much money to young
i dont personally think its disneys fault per say but they do have to teach these child stars responsibility for there own actions just look at maucauley caulkin he ent right off the rails but now he has less money he seems tobe working and acting quite well

User Menu

Newsletter