Drum Solo’s and any other solo’s except for Guitars

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

poohcarrot

Sergeant-at-Arms
Sep 13, 2009
NOT The land of the risen Son!!
Ah, Pat Benetar. I used to have that album. :laugh:

Lord Morty, you say you are relatively new to Discworld. May I be so bold as to make a recommendation to you?

If you haven't already read Soul Music, I would strongly advise you to purchase it and peruse its gag-filled pages. I rate it as one of TP's funniest and as an aged old hippy, you will understand and appreciate nearly all the music references.

Here's some Zeppelin for you (not Stairway or Whole lotta)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNip8ZEesow

Morty

Corporal
Nov 17, 2009
Thank you Pooh.... The Zeppelin clip was a good way to start the week.

I am very new to Discworld. Due to circumstances beyond my control I find I have rather a lot of time on my hands at the moment. A good friend introduced me to Terry Pratchett by accident. When she heard I was ‘’incapacitated’’ she brought some books round for me to read. She didn’t realize that she’d included a copy of The Colour of Magic.

I read it and arrived on this forum.

Soul Music sounds a perfect choice. Thank you for the recommendation. Looks like my credit card will be paying a visit to Amazon.com later today!

Best wishes,
Aged Old Hippy......I can feel another Avatar change coming on ;)

Morty

Corporal
Nov 17, 2009
Just to let you know Pooh I've just ordered a copy of Soul Music... Thanks for the heads up ....Should be with me later this week.....It will take me a few days to read it, is this your cunning plan to get me off the forum for a few days.....PMSL.

Morty

Corporal
Nov 17, 2009
I was only joking about you wanting me off the forum. I'm very grateful for your advice as there's a shortage of novels that write about the music industry.

It might take me longer than two days to read it at the moment but when you say that I'll read it again shortly after I'm guessing you mean it’s really that good.

I noticed on Amazon they were also offering it as DVD. Have you seen the film and if so how do you rate it.

Seriously thank you for the advice.....Much appreciated.

poohcarrot

Sergeant-at-Arms
Sep 13, 2009
NOT The land of the risen Son!!
Mortimer Postlethwaite said:
I noticed on Amazon they were also offering it as DVD. Have you seen the film and if so how do you rate it.
You're asking completely the wrong person there. :laugh:

I have never seen any Discworld on TV/DVD. I have never listened to any of the audio books. I have never bought a DW e-book. All I do is buy the real paper books and use my imagination. :p

Morty

Corporal
Nov 17, 2009
poohcarrot said:
You're asking completely the wrong person there. :laugh:

I have never seen any Discworld on TV/DVD. I have never listened to any of the audio books. I have never bought a DW e-book. All I do is buy the real paper books and use my imagination. :p
Good idea Pooh.

I had a definate image in my head of what Eleanor Rigby looked like. Eleanor Rigby was a song by The Beatles. Then they went and released a video and she looked nothing like I'd imagined. Took me weeks to get over that.

I'll stick to the books.....
Cheers
Morty

Jul 20, 2009
Lelystad, The Netherlands
I was only joking about you wanting me off the forum. I'm very grateful for your advice as there's a shortage of novels that write about the music industry.

It might take me longer than two days to read it at the moment but when you say that I'll read it again shortly after I'm guessing you mean it’s really that good.

The DVD is the cartoon version you can watch a clip here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLg_ouzf ... L&index=20

Morty

Corporal
Nov 17, 2009
Sjoerd3000 said:

The DVD is the cartoon version you can watch a clip here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLg_ouzf ... L&index=20
Thanks Sjoerd3000

I'm going to save that link on my computer and I'll look at it when I've read the book. it was Pooh saying that he'd never seen a TP film on purpose so he could let his imagination run wild that stopped me opening the link.

I appreciate the time and trouble you took to find it for me and as I say when I formed my own images I will have a look.

Morty

Corporal
Nov 17, 2009
Kladivo said:
I actually happen to know Animal. He used to play drums in my friend's band. Lovely guy, by the way.

And since we're at it. This is where our tastes should meet I presume :)

I like the one from The Show of Hands but this one's longer :)
Absolutely amazing 8)

And the first prize for finding the best drum solo goes to Kladivo.

How the hell did I forget about Rush.....Hangs head in shame :oops: :oops: :oops:

Kladivo

Lance-Corporal
Nov 4, 2009
Uberwaldleedsgothamerbyshire
I love Rush because they played 70's music in the 70's, 80's music in the 80's and they play very modern music now. With all due respect to the founding fathers of rock, most of them never progressed beyond 1978-79...

Morty

Corporal
Nov 17, 2009
Kladivo said:
I love Rush because they played 70's music in the 70's, 80's music in the 80's and they play very modern music now. With all due respect to the founding fathers of rock, most of them never progressed beyond 1978-79...
As a fan of most of the founding fathers of rock I have to agree with you. Very few of them have managed to up with the changing face of music. Rush are a good example Kladivo. One of my favorite CD's is Snakes and Arrows.

Kladivo

Lance-Corporal
Nov 4, 2009
Uberwaldleedsgothamerbyshire
Very good choice if I may humbly voice my opinion :)

I liked Counterparts a lot mostly because it came out in the times of biggest grunge hype and just showed a finger to the whole Seattle... Pure class and at least keeping up with times but not following trends and fashion. Hard to believe they're from Canada :laugh:

Morty

Corporal
Nov 17, 2009
Kladivo said:
Very good choice if I may humbly voice my opinion :)

I liked Counterparts a lot mostly because it came out in the times of biggest grunge hype and just showed a finger to the whole Seattle... Pure class and at least keeping up with times but not following trends and fashion. Hard to believe they're from Canada :laugh:
Phew ...You're one lucky fella Klavido! A quick look at Tony Black's Member Map reveals we have no Canadian members.

Its OK Kladivo you can come out from under your bed now :laugh:

Morty

Corporal
Nov 17, 2009
According to the internet which as we all know is always deadly accurate the top ten rock acts to come from Canada are;

Rush
The Guess Who
Nickelback
Tragically Hip
Triumph
Blue Rodeo
Bryan Adams
Sum 41
April Wine
Avril Lavigne

I’m not saying a word :oops: ;) :cry:

User Menu