DVD Avatar.

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Oct 13, 2008
Devon
I have bought the DVD of Avatar, from Tesco with another & got Avatar for £7. (The other DVD, Penguins of Madagascar was £9.97) A good saving & well worth it. They wanted £15.97 for Up! :eek: the other one I would have bought.
My friend & I will watch Avatar again, (we saw it first in the cinema,) on Monday evening. She doesn't know I've got it yet, nice surprise for her. :)

Oct 13, 2008
Devon
I'm sure it will be, Willem, as someone has already said, it probably doesn't need 3D to enhance it. I'll let you know when I've seen it. :)

Tiffany

Sergeant
Oct 13, 2008
Devon
It is just as good in 2D, but better on the big screen though, you don't get as much drama with the TV screen. Now why did I talk OH out of getting that home cinema screen. :laugh:

theoldlibrarian

Lance-Corporal
Dec 30, 2009
Dublin, Ireland
I have a friend who runs a chain of department stores (Yes, he's filthy rich) and apparently the DVD manufacturers are charging the retailers a ridiculous price for the DVDs so a lot of shops are losing money on them and using them as a loss leader or to get rid of other DVDs.

bruniezm

May 25, 2010
Hi,

Jake Sully (Sam Worthington), is a former Marine who was wounded and paralyzed from the waist down in combat on Earth. Jake is selected to participate in the Avatar program, which will enable him to walk. Jake travels to Pandora, a lush jungle-covered extraterrestrial moon filled with incredible life forms, some beautiful, many terrifying. ‘A band of humans are pitted in a battle against a distant planet's indigenous population. And then it shows the how the people of earth that is we peoplle treat the other person when we go there.

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
Yeah but Pocahontas is a cop-out Disney film and the Europeans were mostly nice... :p

Actually Jake wasn't chosen for the Avatar programme - his identical twin brother was chosen because he was academic and had studied the language of the Na'vi. The twin got killed and despite his physical disability Jake was selected for the Avatar that contained his brother's DNA (they 'grew' the Avatar body from Na'vi and human gene material tailored to people specifically selected to operate Avatars 'shells'). This was on the basis that he was a close enough genetic match to inhabit the bespoke body without it rejecting him. Getting the use of his legs back was the reward for him - if Jake hadn't agreed to take part in the programme they would have had to junk his brother's Avatar vehicle altogether as no one else could use it. ;)

User Menu

Newsletter