DWcon 2010

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

AndieKry

Lance-Constable
Jul 10, 2010
Emerald Isle
Eh, missed this one. will keep me eye on to get it the next year. Although, travel a lot. Believe or not - last winter spent in Madagascar ( 5 months in total).
And I e-cry.

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
AndieKry said:
Eh, missed this one. will keep me eye on to get it the next year. Although, travel a lot. Believe or not - last winter spent in Madagascar ( 5 months in total).
And I e-cry.
If you want to make it next year you will have to go to the States for it, it is always been a bi-annual event in the UK. :)and did you make the Irish one last year. o_O:

GrannyWeatherwax

Lance-Constable
Oct 15, 2009
Sydney, Australia
Who's Wee Dug said:
AndieKry said:
And I e-cry.
If you want to make it next year you will have to go to the States for it, it is always been a bi-annual event in the UK. :)and did you make the Irish one last year. o_O:
Errm - correct me if I am wrong but the NEXT Discworld convention after the UK 2010 convention is Nullus Anxietas III. After all, if this Madagascan traveller is planning to go to a convention I rather think Australia is a bit closer, and the convention is sooner.

My position as publicity and marketing person for the Australian Discworld Convention has not in any way influenced my response to this forum comment.
:laugh:

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
GrannyWeatherwax said:
Who's Wee Dug said:
AndieKry said:
And I e-cry.
Errm - correct me if I am wrong but the NEXT Discworld convention after the UK 2010 convention is Nullus Anxietas III. After all, if this Madagascan traveller is planning to go to a convention I rather think Australia is a bit closer, and the convention is sooner.

My position as publicity and marketing person for the Australian Discworld Convention has not in any way influenced my response to this forum comment.
I've put details of Nullus Anxietas III (and the other conventions) on the Discworld Fans Map. Let me know if I've got the right place. ;)

raisindot

Sergeant-at-Arms
Oct 1, 2009
Boston, MA USA
Tonyblack said:
I've put details of Nullus Anxietas III (and the other conventions) on the Discworld Fans Map. Let me know if I've got the right place. ;)
Woo hoo! I never knew they HAD DW conventions on this side of the Pond. And it's going to be in the state (Wisconsin) where I was born and in the city (Madison) where I went to university! I'm definitely there!

For those reasons alone, I'm sure Pooh will avoid it!

:eek:

J-I-B

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
raisindot said:
Tonyblack said:
Woo hoo! I never knew they HAD DW conventions on this side of the Pond. And it's going to be in the state (Wisconsin) where I was born and in the city (Madison) where I went to university! I'm definitely there!

For those reasons alone, I'm sure Pooh will avoid it!

:eek:

J-I-B
This will be the second NADCon (North American Discworld Convention) the last one was last year in Phoenix. :laugh:

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
raisindot said:
Tonyblack said:

For those reasons alone, I'm sure Pooh will avoid it!J-I-B
:eek: Pooh may, but I won't had such a good time in Tempe at the last one ,as soon as the site was up I registered so I will see you there even though I won't recognise you but you may know who I could possibly be due to my accent. :laugh: :mrgreen:

raisindot

Sergeant-at-Arms
Oct 1, 2009
Boston, MA USA
Who's Wee Dug said:
:eek: Pooh may, but I won't had such a good time in Tempe at the last one ,as soon as the site was up I registered so I will see you there even though I won't recognise you but you may know who I could possibly be due to my accent. :laugh: :mrgreen:
Well, if I do go (and I really hope I can go), I will offer to lead all forum members who attend--even Pooh--on a pub crawl of Madison. It will be my personal mission to make cheese-heads of you all. There may even be some cow-tipping involved.

J-I-B

AndieKry

Lance-Constable
Jul 10, 2010
Emerald Isle
Hi all,
Thanks.
First of all, me is not a Madagascan Traveller - this just happened due to my work - last year - I live in Ireland and prefer to go to some places that are very close to it (or at least, the fly tickets are cheaper). - Although - Austaralia is not that bad - sorry for my bad sence of humour :) .
In any case, the closer - the better - but MONEY TALK!!!!
Mslf.

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
Just to say a public thank you very much indeed to Bouncy for receipt of 600! :laugh: pristine laser copies of the Forum Leaflet that arrived this morning

not shown but on the back page near the fold is an accreditation for everyone who helped out with this :laugh:

produced by the members of the Terry Pratchett forum ~ with thanks to Bouncy Castle and Jan Van Quirm for time and print donations
all the quotes used have your names attached so Bouncy gets 2 mentions in there altogether

User Menu

Newsletter