DWcon 2010

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Penfold

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 29, 2009
Worthing
www.lenbrookphotography.com
poohcarrot said:
This may seem like a silly question, but here in Japan it's 35 degrees. How hot will it be in England next week? Do I need to bring a jumper?
This is English summer you're asking about. :rolleyes: Off course you bring your jumper, together with wooly hat, wellies, waterproof leggings, umbrella, and your day-glo tartan kagool! :p (water wings and rubber swimming ring are optional ;) )

*Actually, I have no idea what the weather will be like except its been a touch unpredictable here in (not so) sunny Worthing.*

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
It's been mainly around 19 deg C to low twenties down here and fairly humid but then that's something to do with that big glittery thing starting at Lands End... :laugh:

You can probably leave your wellies behind I should think - jumper or sweatshirt might come in handy if we're sitting outside but you could probably get that in the merchandising quarters and the Hilton ought to have air-con I hope :twisted:

Jul 25, 2008
Newport
Its completely unpredictable. But if you wait 5 mins it'll change to something you do like. It was really nice last week, and the last couple have days have seen more rain than there has been in the past 4 months (here anyway).

You'll be inside the hotel most of the time I would have though so unless you have any other plans, bring everything from your snow shoes to your mankini and sun cream

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
The weather in Manc has been crap. I've actually been wearing my fleece :( Sunny today though, so who knows? o_O

poohcarrot

Sergeant-at-Arms
Sep 13, 2009
NOT The land of the risen Son!!
I've had a chat with the con organisers and they say I can read The Gloob of Thannook in the storytelling competition. :laugh:

However, there is only one hour allotted to the comp, so depending on the number of people entering, it means I might not be able to read all 8 chapters (2 minutes a chapter = 16 minutes) :(

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
I take it you've timed yourself actually reading it out loud? Can't find the thread(s) now, but it was 8 lines x 8 stanzas x 8 chapters wasn't it? o_O

16 minutes sounds about right but it's worth timing yourself saying the lot just in case, as it was freeform rhyme (no syllable count) and so some parts might be quicker than others :)

All I could think of in my holidays was the ugly thought that everyone is going to the convention, and meeting each other, and doing great things, and I'm not. :cry:
So pleasepleaseplease take a LOT of pictures, and post them here, or send them to me, and you really have to tell me EVERYTHING!! I need to feel at least a little bit that I was there... even if I wasn't... :(

User Menu

Newsletter