Eric...Available for Kindle?

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Stumped

Lance-Constable
Nov 12, 2010
:cry: Ok, does anyone know if Eric is avialable for Kindle? I've been buying the series from book one, for kindle only, but when it comes to Eric...nada! *sighs* It's easier for me to read on Kindle!!!! :rolleyes: Any help would be much appreciated, thank you.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Hi Stumped and welcome to the site. :)

Eric is a bit of a strange beast as far as the books go as it was originally published by a different publisher to Terry's other books. That other company own the rights and therefore decide what format to publish in. Eric was, originally, an illustrated book - hence the different publisher.

However, a quick look on Amazon.com shows that Eric will be available for Kindle - although it doesn't look like it is yet. o_O

Stumped

Lance-Constable
Nov 12, 2010
Hi Tonyblack, thank you very much for the welcome...and for the info!! :laugh: I never thought there'd be so much red tape on a book. :eek: Cheers for the link. Let's hope they release it for the UK soon! Much appreciated.

andrew

Lance-Constable
Nov 18, 2008
Isle of Man, British Isles
Hi Stumped

I've not long purchased a Kindle either and would very much like to build a collection of Terry's work in Kindle Editions.

Sadly I've noticed that 'Maskerade' and 'Jingo' (probably among others as I haven't yet sat down to check by list) are not yet available on Amazon.co.uk's Kindle Store.

I thought I'd be proactive about it and contacted Amazon and Transworld publishers by e-mail last weekend in order to find out if they had plans to add them to the store any time soon. Amazon said that they would pass on my feedback to the publisher but I haven't heard anything back from Transworld yet.

Hopefully we'll get there sooner or later but I'll let you know when I get a response.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Sorry no news yet. Maria I know you have problems with RA, but the paperback of Eric is one of the thinnest books in the series. It might be worth looking at a copy. Heavens knows when it might be on Kindle. :)

Maria

Constable
Nov 14, 2010
It's a thin book? That should be alright for me to hold. I'll see if they've go a copy of it in the library this afternoon! :laugh: That has really made my day, thanks! :laugh:

Maria

Constable
Nov 14, 2010
Update! The library phoned today to say that a copy is in! :laugh: I'll be picking it up tomorrow, thanks for your help Tony.

Apr 29, 2009
London
Stumped & Andrew.

I recently purchased a Kindle, via a friend with an Amazon account, which I didn't have at the time.

I now need to de-register from his account, and register to my new Amazon account.

Don't be surprised if in the next week or so you get HELP messages via PM!!

andrew

Lance-Constable
Nov 18, 2008
Isle of Man, British Isles
I just thought that I should note that I still haven't received any response from Transworld publishers as to when 'Maskerade' will become available.

Perhaps I should give them another shout when I've compiled a list of all of the Discworld novels that are not available for purchase on Kindle.

I'll keep you updated!

Bouncy Castle, did you manage to get your Kindle de-registered from your friend's Amazon account? I haven't had to do it myself, but I believe that the process is fairly simple.

User Menu

Newsletter