Fat Man Movie

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

RathDarkblade

City Watch
Mar 24, 2015
Melbourne, Victoria
The plot is only superficially similar. It's like Hogfather, but without Death providing both comic relief and philosophy.

The title is definitely reminiscent of Jake and the Fatman.

As for the idea of Santa having guns ... I've seen it at least twice before: Dan Aykroyd dressing up like Santa in the movie "Trading Places" (classic!), and "Weird Al" Yankovic's song, The Night Santa Went Crazy (now animated with lego! :)).

***WARNING: Song not safe for work or kids. This is the "extra gory" version, in which Santa
is actually killed.
In the "clean" version, Santa is just arrested.***

TBH, Mel Gibson hasn't made a decent film since the mid-90s, IMNSHO. But then, I never forgot that horrible anti-Semitic rant of his while he was arrested for DUI (back in 2006).

After that, all his movies basically looked like increasingly cheap copies of the "Lethal Weapon" movies - cheap and nasty - which is a shame. :(

Last edited:

raisindot

Sergeant-at-Arms
Oct 1, 2009
Boston, MA USA
I absolutely can no longer see any new or old Mel Gibson movie. He is an unrepentant anti-semite whose father was a notorious right-wing extremist, anti-semite and Holocaust denier. Like father, like son.

=Tamar

Lieutenant
May 20, 2012
I don't recall ever watching a movie with Mel Gibson in it. I guess he never was cast in anything that appealed to me.

The current abomination sounds like somebody decided to cross Artemis Fowl (originally a book series which IMO went down hill sadly but I hear wasn't as bad as the movie) with Hogfather (because in Hogfather, the villains do refer to the Hogfather as "the fat man").

Fortunately, we already have Hogfather!

User Menu

Newsletter