football cards?

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Sep 5, 2009
I heard a whisper a while back about them making football cards to accompany the new book (like they did with going postal and the stamps). Just wondering if anyone knows anything more really.

Thanks for your help :laugh:

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Hi MentalMoggs and welcome to the site. That's the plan and as far as I know it's still going ahead - probably going to happen at the launch of the book (Unseen Academicals) next month. :laugh:

There's some more talk about it at the Cunning Artificer's site HERE.

MattK

Lance-Corporal
Jul 2, 2009
Lancaster, PA
blog.mattkeen.com
Oh man, I just scanned through Paul Kidby's site. What the hell?! Why does the UK get awesome hand-painted covers and we get covers that look like an art-school dropout threw something together the night before it was due? I used to think that the U.S. covers were kind of playful, but not after seeing Paul's stuff.

kakaze

Lance-Corporal
Jun 3, 2009
MattK said:
Oh man, I just scanned through Paul Kidby's site. What the hell?! Why does the UK get awesome hand-painted covers and we get covers that look like an art-school dropout threw something together the night before it was due? I used to think that the U.S. covers were kind of playful, but not after seeing Paul's stuff.
I asked them about that at the convention. It was done because it makes the books sell better in America.

kakaze

Lance-Corporal
Jun 3, 2009
if letting the marketing people muck up the US covers means that we finally get to have a US convention and I get to meet Mr. Pratchett, I'm ok with that.

Re: Hi!

Who's Wee Dug said:
theboywiththethankyoucard said:
I've got all 20 football cards, and the album. They're really good, especially with a tobacco tin case.
did you get the extra ones for the back page. :)
Is that true? or are you just screwing with him? Aargh, I want them too... * :cry: *

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
I'm going to sound really cynical here, & perhaps I am, but I would never collect this sort of thing because it seems like just another way of screwing even more money out of the fans. I like the books, because they are brilliant & make me laugh. My pleasure is in no way enhanced by these extras. :devil:

If I'd thought about it at the time though, I would have liked some teeth, because a) they were free (I think), and b) they were a genuine prop.

kakaze

Lance-Corporal
Jun 3, 2009
Dotsie said:
I'm going to sound really cynical here, & perhaps I am, but I would never collect this sort of thing because it seems like just another way of screwing even more money out of the fans. I like the books, because they are brilliant & make me laugh. My pleasure is in no way enhanced by these extras. :devil:

If I'd thought about it at the time though, I would have liked some teeth, because a) they were free (I think), and b) they were a genuine prop.
I'd like some teeth too; you never know when you'll need a new one!

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
Re: Hi!

Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit said:
Who's Wee Dug said:
theboywiththethankyoucard said:
I've got all 20 football cards, and the album. They're really good, especially with a tobacco tin case.
did you get the extra ones for the back page. :)
Is that true? or are you just screwing with him? Aargh, I want them too... * :cry: *
Tina the extra ones with the Waterstones copy is 4 cards and two extra of Bernard and Paul in the total package from the shop.

pip

Sergeant-at-Arms
Sep 3, 2010
KILDARE
its quite funny reading the posts though.
Generic replies like 'i agree' and 'thats interesting'

they are the only posts agreeing with anyone else.
:laugh:

User Menu

Newsletter