Footnotes*

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Mixa

Sergeant
Jan 1, 2014
Barcelona, Catalonia
Good arguments... It was a tricky one! But the correct answer is... Small Gods!!

Congrats, Rath! I was about to write the footnote about Vorbis saying “Enter” but that would have been a piece of cake for you, wouldn’t it? :mrgreen:

Mx

RathDarkblade

City Watch
Mar 24, 2015
Melbourne, Victoria
Yay! :laugh: *parties down, up, across, and diagonally* ;)

OK... let me think. *thinkthinkthink* Aha! Got it! :laugh:

"...Vimes would not have been surprised to see boxes labelled 'apple cores, various', or 'leftovers, need eating up'.*

* That was a phrase of Sybil's taht got to him. She'd announce at lunch, 'We must have the pork tonight, it needs eating up.' Vimes never had an actual problem with this, because he'd been raised to eat what was put in front of him, and do it quickly, too, before someone else snatched it away. He was just puzzled at the suggestion taht he was there to do the food a favour."

raisindot

Sergeant-at-Arms
Oct 1, 2009
Boston, MA USA
RathDarkblade said:
Yay! :laugh: *parties down, up, across, and diagonally* ;)

OK... let me think. *thinkthinkthink* Aha! Got it! :laugh:

"...Vimes would not have been surprised to see boxes labelled 'apple cores, various', or 'leftovers, need eating up'.*

* That was a phrase of Sybil's taht got to him. She'd announce at lunch, 'We must have the pork tonight, it needs eating up.' Vimes never had an actual problem with this, because he'd been raised to eat what was put in front of him, and do it quickly, too, before someone else snatched it away. He was just puzzled at the suggestion taht he was there to do the food a favour."
That's Thud!, when Vimes is going through boxes of Ramkin memorabilia to find Sybil's copy of Rascal's Koom Valley painting.

=Tamar

Lieutenant
May 20, 2012
mirandashell said:
I think that's from Jingo. Or is there an earlier book that mentions Leonard?
Not about the footnote, but yes, Leonard appears before Jingo. Just in a throwaway line, and it's before Vetinari takes steps to keep him safely tucked away. I admit I don't recall offhand which book it was; it was just something I noticed in passing.

User Menu

Newsletter