For kindle and ebook owners

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

chris.ph

Sergeant-at-Arms
Aug 12, 2008
swansea south wales
mmmmm :laugh: im still trying to work out how to get my kindle books off my laptop kindle to my kindle,threatening it with a hammer hasnt worked so if anyone knows how(bouncy :laugh: ) tell me in the most simplistic way you can do plse :laugh: :laugh:

hpj

Dec 26, 2011
@chris.ph

If you log into your amazon account there should be an option somewhere called MANAGE MY KINDLE that should let you "deliver" whatever kindle books you purchased to the new device. Hope that helps.

Meanwhile, thought I'd break in my new Xmas kindle with a little Johnny Maxwell Trilogy action. Just found out that here in the Colonies we only have the first two books available for the kindle. Johnny and the Bomb is not available. Really!?!? Only two out of three books in the trilogy were made available o_O

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
hpj said:
@chris.ph

If you log into your amazon account there should be an option somewhere called MANAGE MY KINDLE that should let you "deliver" whatever kindle books you purchased to the new device. Hope that helps.

Meanwhile, thought I'd break in my new Xmas kindle with a little Johnny Maxwell Trilogy action. Just found out that here in the Colonies we only have the first two books available for the kindle. Johnny and the Bomb is not available. Really!?!? Only two out of three books in the trilogy were made available o_O
Welcome to the site, hpj! :laugh:

Jock

Lance-Constable
Dec 22, 2011
Cardiff, UK
I got a kindle for my birthday... My consumption of Teenage Trash has increased ridiculously because of the fact that a) nobody can see what I am reading and judge me and b) many of the books are £1 or less. It's a little silly how many books I have devoured over the last month. I have a tendency to do a browse, download about twelve books, and proceed to read them all in a week. This could be why I failed that mock exam I had the other day...

chris.ph

Sergeant-at-Arms
Aug 12, 2008
swansea south wales
yes you can, but download an opensource program called calibre and it will convert any format to kindle :laugh: amazon do a load of free books, baen do a load of free books and project guthenburg do loads of guess wot free books :laugh: :laugh:

Nov 21, 2010
Gosh so many good times await!

Any book recommendations from those sites?

It's weird but if i read a paperback in bed I'm asleep within 5mins but for some reason I can read my Kindle for much longer! :laugh:

Apr 29, 2009
London
Talking of classics, I downloaded Lady Chatterley's Lover the other week, to see what all the fuss was about.

Managed about 8 pages and gave up. Drivel, and I hadn't reached the "naughty" bits. :mrgreen:

User Menu

Newsletter