Friends of The Discworld Portal on Discord

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Nienna

Lance-Constable
Dec 15, 2008
Northern Ireland
I know some of you are fans of The Discworld Portal, i.e. our friend Randy's fantastic weekly podcast, so - with Randy's permission - I set up a Discord server where those who are listeners can go to chat about the show... or just whatever we like, really!

If you're interested, please join us using the invite link below.

http://bit.ly/discworldportal

I hope this isn't intrusive - I would never aim to take people away from the forums. I just thought it would be a nice place for fans of the podcast to get together. :)

In case you aren't aware of Discord, it's basically just groups of chat rooms (or 'channels') that are organised under a subject header (or 'server'). They are easy to use once you're in, but I'm still learning too!

I'm just getting started with Discord myself. It's used primarily by gamers, to discuss games. You can also import your games onto the server, and there are a lot of arcane gamer-things that are part of the show as well. However, it's also the successor to the old-fashioned chat room, and Friends of the Discworld Portal is basically just that.

I understand your hesitation about chat rooms, Tony. They can be problematic. It is my understanding that I will be able to control the membership of this room, though, so it's not quite like the free-for-all, troll-infested chat room model. But as with Nienna, I'm still figuring the whole thing out, so I think "we'll see" is the operative phrase. Still, even if this doesn't work out as I hope it is a step toward providing another forum for Discworld Portal fans to gather, which is a good thing.

User Menu

Newsletter