Games Anyone?

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Apr 26, 2011
Bingen
www.flickr.com
Oh yeah, I'm a big fan of both computer and board/ card games.

Usually when we're with friends we play games quite a lot.
Our favourites in no particular order are:

Pandemic, Race for the Galaxy, Dominion, Seven Wonders, Alhambra, Skat

Hello, btw. :laugh:
I was gone for a while but I'm planning to visit more regularly again. :laugh:

Ghost

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 6, 2012
Blackcountry
ChristianBecker said:
Oh yeah, I'm a big fan of both computer and board/ card games.

Usually when we're with friends we play games quite a lot.
Our favourites in no particular order are:

Pandemic, Race for the Galaxy, Dominion, Seven Wonders, Alhambra, Skat

Hello, btw. :laugh:
I was gone for a while but I'm planning to visit more regularly again. :laugh:
I have played pandemic on the gaming nights at brum waterstones it was alright if I played it more often I could get my head wrapped around
the rules exploding kittens was fun for a while but the most fun I had was with skulls and flowers card game

Ignisis

Lance-Constable
Aug 8, 2020
/ponder /ponder I think I look forward to a Dungen & Dragon style kind of game based on AM and all its denizens.

If someone has a chessboard and feels lonely I can set up my tiny rig here and we can have a go at it by inbox :p I like the way chess works and how it plays with your mind; so a contest of getting the king down in 3 moves is out of the question!

RathDarkblade

City Watch
Mar 24, 2015
Melbourne, Victoria
It's OK. :) I think you mean the game is afoot (i.e. "in progress" or "happening").

"The game is a foot" means that it's one of these. (Or, as Dug pointed out, one of these).

To summarise: a "foot" is either something you put in a shoe, or a unit of measurement that goes back to the British Empire. (A "foot" is about 30 cm).

"Afoot" means "happening". :)

Quatermass

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 7, 2010
Oddly enough, more than a few video games are becoming board games or card games, as a sort of recursive thing. Last year, there was an announcement of a tabletop RPG called Bunkers and Badasses, based on the in-game RPG of the same name in one of the DLC campaigns of Borderlands 2...

And there's both a card game and a board game of Bloodborne...

RathDarkblade

City Watch
Mar 24, 2015
Melbourne, Victoria
Hmm -- board games becoming computer games or card games (and vice versa) is nothing new. It's all a matter of which company gets how much in royalties and other income. ;)

Just look at (for example) Games Workshop's Blood Bowl and Warhammer board games, both of which became computer games. And Blizzard's "Warcraft" computer game, which became both a board game and a collectible card game.

"Money Sense ... Tingling!" ;)

And yes, I know -- my cynicism chip is showing (again) ... :devil:

User Menu

Newsletter