God, the Devil and the US President.

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
Willem said:
I kinda liked Alanis as God :) She was playful. But I understand that you don't want a woman to play God (Yanking your chain Dotsie - but I'm running for the hills now just to be safe from your wrath).
If there was a god, she wouldn't want to be played by a whiney adolescent :p

raisindot said:
Given that most of your Brits have been choosing mostly Americans for these parts, I'd say it's simply a balance of actor.
When we send you an actor, they end up playing a baddie or the main character in a soon-to-be-cancelled show.

raisindot

Sergeant-at-Arms
Oct 1, 2009
Boston, MA USA
Dotsie said:
When we send you an actor, they end up playing a baddie or the main character in a soon-to-be-cancelled show.
Lies and slander, slander and lies! Hugh Laurie has had a longer career on "House" than he ever did on any of the British shows he was on. Patrick Stewart lasted 7 seasons on "Star Trek: The Next Generation." Joan Collins vamped up "Dynasty" for ages. Jane Seymour starred in whatever the horrible show she was on for at least five seasons. The guy who played Mr. Belvediere--that show lasted far longer than necessary. And the woman who plays the almost-wife on "Californication"--that show's going into its fourth season. And what about Anna Paquin and the guy who plays her brother on "True Blood"? Oh wait--they're New Zealanders.

:laugh:

J-I-B

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
Dotsie said:
Give it time, young Jib :p There's nothing you like better than an evil Brit, admit it!

deldaisy

Sergeant-at-Arms
Oct 1, 2010
Brisbane, Australia
Dotsie said:
Dotsie said:
Give it time, young Jib :p There's nothing you like better than an evil Brit, admit it!
Yah Dotsie... thats cause the Brits are so damn polite even as a Devil
"Ah excuse me... would you mind awefully stepping into the inferno... yes at the rear... no pushing people, no pushing... yes just one step more... spendid! Not too warm for you ?.. no? perfect... NEXT!
lol just had visions of Rowan Atkinson doing his devil routine.

raisindot

Sergeant-at-Arms
Oct 1, 2009
Boston, MA USA
Michael Palin would make the perfect Brit devil.

"Please follow me this way to the 8th circle. Good, good, here we are. Now, while you're filling out these ten trillion registration forms in triplicate would you mind just stepping into this pool of fire and brimstone, which, I'm afraid may be a little bit hot but I'm sure in a little while you'll get used to your skin burning off throughout all eternity. If you have questions at all, please don't hestitate to ask one of those demons who will be very happy to come over and shove the end of their pitchforks up your bum."

J-I-B

Sep 25, 2010
Australia
I have always thought that it was quite an interesting comment that often when the Devil appears in the Simpsons it is Ned Flanders. Possibly with a pitchfork-erooney.

I remember watching 'Warlock' when I was young and being quite disturbed by it - can't think of the actor's name- but he was youngish and blonde. Which could be an accurate interpretation of Lucifer, son of the Morning.

I don't know about God but I was very impressed with Anthony Hopkin's portrayal of Nixon. Quite frankly, you would have to be impressed to have stayed in the cinema for the entire movie. :)

User Menu

Newsletter