Going Postal going cheap on Kindle

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Ghost

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 6, 2012
Blackcountry
Er, why? :oops: A brand-spanking-new hardback over here can cost between $35 and $50 -- sometimes even more -- so if I tried doing that while buying books, I'd quickly go stony-stony-broke. :(
a first edition my reading copy
and the copy that was included with the Soul music+Wyrd sisters DVD box set

RathDarkblade

City Watch
Mar 24, 2015
Melbourne, Victoria
Eh? That was lucky. I got a copy of the Soul Music+Wyrd Sisters DVD box set, but I didn't get anything with it. :oops: (Aw, I got gypped). :p

OK, that's two copies of the book. What about the third one? ;)

RathDarkblade

City Watch
Mar 24, 2015
Melbourne, Victoria
Oh! I like very much that limited edition box-set. :) I was lucky - years ago I purchased the last copy of those DVDs that exist in my home-town. There aren't very many Discworld DVDs here, sadly. If I want one, I have to order it specially. :cry:

What's it like for you?

Ghost

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 6, 2012
Blackcountry
the DVD's play very well the sound on wyrd sisters is a bit echoey but I think that's more a recording studio issue than a DVD quality issue
but ordering that boxset was fun I was told by two different chains zavvie and WHSmith that that boxset didn't exist the third chain store HMV* found it and pre-ordered it for me
* one of the few avantages of living nearish to a major city

RathDarkblade

City Watch
Mar 24, 2015
Melbourne, Victoria
Zavvie and WH Smith told you that boxset didn't exist? What have they been smoking? ;)

They could have just gone to Discworld Monthly and ordered it for you. No fuss, no muss ... :)

(It's also available on Ebay and Amazon, for a start. And I'm sure The Cunning Artificer (aka Bernard) has a few copies knocking about - right?) ;)

User Menu

Newsletter