Going Postal NEW OFFICIAL TRAILER!!!!

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Aug 29, 2008
Bridgwater Somerset
Just watched trailer, looks Brill!!

Imagined to Mr Pump was bigger but still looks like a hit to me.

Hope it is as true to the book as possible and not butchered like The Colour of Magic Sky did a few Years ago.. :)

Thanks for the link. :laugh:

kakaze

Lance-Corporal
Jun 3, 2009
actually, I think they look better than I imagined them; more blocky and ill-defined features. I didn't like how they all look the same though, aren't they different colors and such?

I watched the trailer three times before I could turn away to write something here!
Anyway, can't wait. I was sure Vetinari has black hair, but that's alright. The golems look perfect, the clacks looks perfect, Gilt looks... slightly different to how I imagined, but spot on with the description... all in all, I hope it gets here as soon as possible. :laugh:
Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to watch it again.

N1v3n

Lance-Constable
Mar 21, 2010
that London
bikkit said:
you really,realy don't like the films, do you
the television programs are well made and look great.

But for example, Sir David is a legend and I will not say a word against him, but we all know what Rincewind looks like and it ain't like Sir David.

Surely the idea is to bring Discworld to the screen, and Discworld is fully realised and functional so if it is not accurate what's the point?
If it is not then I'm sure Sir Terry could write an original teleplay so that any actor/actress could play the parts he wrote.

Maybe I care too much.

I still bought TCOM DVD though ;)

Zebbo Mooty

Lance-Constable
May 8, 2010
The Afterlife...
I'm not saying who scanned this (the imps really pulled together on this one) and I'm not saying where is came from (Hint: A Hat Full Of ***) but if anyone is interested, here is a scan of an article that came from the last three letters of the afore mentioned hint.

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm16 ... 008/gp.jpg

You might also be able to read it too... but you might have to get a listen close to the screen :s

Zebbo Mooty

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
N1v3n said:
bikkit said:
you really,realy don't like the films, do you
the television programs are well made and look great.

But for example, Sir David is a legend and I will not say a word against him, but we all know what Rincewind looks like and it ain't like Sir David.

Surely the idea is to bring Discworld to the screen, and Discworld is fully realised and functional so if it is not accurate what's the point?
If it is not then I'm sure Sir Terry could write an original teleplay so that any actor/actress could play the parts he wrote.

Maybe I care too much.

I still bought TCOM DVD though ;)
I would because I thought he was crap in frost all he did was shout,but I did like him in fools & horses and darling buds,and pterry does have a big say in the script but it all comes down to money and DJ is a big fan of Discworld so I'm led to believe. :)

Penfold

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 29, 2009
Worthing
www.lenbrookphotography.com
Not to mention that David Jason was more likely to pull in a wider audience of non-Discworld fans than an unknown (or lesser) actor, even if that actor fitted our concept of what Rincwind should look and behave like. Unfortunately WWD is right. When it comes to film and TV, money and ratings count far more than accuracy and fan's opinions (in whatever genre, the book is nearly always better).

User Menu

Newsletter