Good Omens win

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

RathDarkblade

City Watch
Mar 24, 2015
Melbourne, Victoria
I can play any region on my DVD player, won't your PC play any region?
I don't know. I haven't tried.

Season 1 definitely is (I purchased the Australian BluRay when it came out a year or so ago); but yes, it appears that Season 2 hasn't been released on disc yet (anywhere!)
Yes, I purchased the Australian DVD of Season 1 back in 2020.

I wonder why Season 2 isn't available on disc. Perhaps because it costs more money (pressing into disc, packaging, transport etc.) than streaming? I'd be ready to pay for it, of course. If only it was available...

Last edited:

raisindot

Sergeant-at-Arms
Oct 1, 2009
Boston, MA USA
I don't know what award this was, but for me the second season of Good Omens was a huge disappointment. There was no real plot. most episodes seemed to be designed to create set pieces for Tennant and Sheen to do their comedy scenes, the "human" characters played no critical role at all, and the ending seemed incredibly forced. Despite Gaiman's claims that he and Pterry worked out some ideas for future stories, I don't believe that any of Pterry's ideas made it into this one. I know that this season was supposed to be "transitional" to lead into a tie-everything-up third season, but this was not a worthy follow up.

=Tamar

Lieutenant
May 20, 2012
Season 1 didn't have commentaries on the DVD until large numbers of fans wrote to Amazon to ask for them. There was no official merch either for it until fans asked for it and also licensed it and made their own, and now Season 2 has official merch.
Neil Gaiman and others say that the way to get Amazon to produce a DVD is to write to them and ask for it. Be sure to ask for anything you want on it, like commentaries and subtitles, too.
(Don't write to the BBC, they don't have the rights to make DVDs.)

User Menu

Newsletter