Got any Urban Fantasy suggestions? Also Cassandra Clare

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Jace

Constable
Sep 29, 2014
Got any Urban Fantasy suggestions? I'm a fan of The City Watch series and The Mortal Instruments so that's the kind of feel I'm looking for.

Also, feel free to discuss any Cassandra Clare books ya want. Cause why not diversify?

Jace

Constable
Sep 29, 2014
Yeah, that's one example. Basically fantasy during modern times. Though I didn't like Neverwhere. Not a Neil Gaiman fan.

DaveC

Sergeant
Jul 7, 2010
Portishead, UK
davecfilmgeek.tumblr.com
Jace said:
Got any Urban Fantasy suggestions? I'm a fan of The City Watch series and The Mortal Instruments so that's the kind of feel I'm looking for.

Also, feel free to discuss any Cassandra Clare books ya want. Cause why not diversify?
Try Kelly Armstrong - her books are really good, my missus got me onto them, the main 13 book series finished 2 years ago but short stories are being released.

They are mainly female orientated and are very adult sexy but extremely brutal too lots of werewolves, vampires, demons, witches and the like!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kelley_Armstrong#The_Women_of_the_Otherworld_series

=Tamar

Lieutenant
May 20, 2012
Laura Resnick has a good series of paranormal screwball comedy set in New York City. The heroine is an aspiring actress who keeps getting involved in paranormal events. The first book is Disappearing Nightly.

A slightly more serious urban fantasy, while still comic, is Seanan McGuire's InCryptid series. The first book is Discount Armageddon.

User Menu

Newsletter