Help please!

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Jun 20, 2010
Hi everyone,

my name's Alice, my other half Ian is a massive discworld fan, i'm pretty fond of the books too but not as big an obsessive as he is.

i've been pretty ill this last year and have just been diagnosed with MS, Ian has been absolutely amazing throughout, we're going to get married in July and I want to get him a really special wedding present to say thanks for looking after me and not just doing a bunk when i got ill!

he keeps eyeing up the discworld books that they've recently published in the black and gold covers so I thought I'd get him a full set of all of them, so have worked through the list and there's some that I just can't find. some of these seem to be the 'young adult' ones not the regular discworld books so I've been trying to find out if these have been published in the black and gold covers but can't find any info anywhere so hoping someone here might know! so the ones I can't find are below, if anyone knows if they are available in these covers that'd be great and if they are then anywhere that has them in stock would be great!!!

Faust - Eric
The last Hero
The wee free men
A hat full of sky
Unseen academicals
I shall wear midnight

Thanks
Alice

Jun 20, 2010
brilliant tip on colin's website there, have checked and most of them haven't been released in the black and gold covers but there are one or two from that list that have. i've searched their ISBN numbers on amazon and found copies of them so they are ordered now as well :laugh:

Now I've got all the ones that have been published so can't get anymore and I have £50 left in the budget so I shall check out that other site for some memorabilia. I got him a little statue/model of death on a motorbike a few years ago that he loves so I'll see if there's anything else to go with it. He's just about to start Uni so some cool stuff to put on his desk at home will go down well I'm sure!

Moon Dragon

Lance-Constable
Jun 20, 2010
Feels weird saying welcome when I, my self, is new :). But welcome none the less. Btw, my uncle has MS too, so I know what it can be like :-(. Good luck with everything and you and your future husband are very lucky to have each other :-D.

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
Congrats on the wedding Alice :laugh: But remember, anything you buy him now will be cluttering up your home for years ;)

User Menu

Newsletter