How did you start

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

John1

Aug 4, 2010
www.forumlair.com
I was wondering how did everyone start reading Discworld Novels? I Started with Interesting Times which was a great novel. I really liked the events of the novel and I also liked the reappearance of Rincewind after the events of Eric.

What did everyone else start with, how did you start the series ?

I initially picked up Thief of Time from my local library - drawn by the impressive hardback size - but lost interest fast. I probably wasn't in quite the right mindset for Discworld. Some months later, I am ashamed to say I was properly introduced to the Discworld via the 'Colour of Magic' movie, and promptly made up for it by getting my mitts on Hogfather and The Truth. :)

Batty

Sergeant
Feb 17, 2009
East Anglia
John1 said:
I was wondering how did everyone start reading Discworld Novels? I Started with Interesting Times which was a great novel. I really liked the events of the novel and I also liked the reappearance of Rincewind after the events of Eric.

What did everyone else start with, how did you start the series ?
I started with the Prologue on Page 7 (CoM) ...
:rolleyes:

Aug 29, 2008
Bridgwater Somerset
Picked up a copy of the Colour of Magic in my local Public Library which was in the SciFi section by mistake and was hooked and had to read the follow up book when it came out............. could not believe the ending where the Hero was about to Die!!

Then missed Equal Rites and read Mort paperback on the Beach in Weymouth one Summer and just had to read them all after that................. :eek:

Apr 29, 2009
London
Kept seeing the posters for Going Postal. Bought the paperback, and was somewhat confuzzled.

Then a very nice poster on the BBC boards told me what order to read them in, and I've been hooked ever since.

Apr 29, 2009
London
Dave.

Yes, I have. Tabula Rasa is my favourite episode. Always makes me laff.

Of the Angel series, Smile Time is my favourite. Gotta laff when Spike has the fight with puppet Angel!! "You're a bloody puppet". :laugh: :laugh:

superfurryandy

Lance-Corporal
Apr 29, 2009
Ena's Feld
DaveC said:
o_O: Bouncy Castle - Have you always have the awesome Buffy quotte as your signiture? Love Tabula Rasa - much forgotten by people as it comes right after once more with feeling. :laugh:
I've known her for a while, and she's had the bloody thing for aaaaaaages. :)

A friend tried to turn me on to Discworld early on, after the first four books, but it didn't take. Then my missus bought me 'Sourcery' for a birthday and I loved it - by that time Terry had written up to 'Pyramids' so I had a fun time catching up, then settled into the waiting game for Discworld fun evry 6-12 months.

BatrickPatrick said:
'My nose comes off...'

Angel becomes a lot more better when Spike's in it. And 'more better' is perfectly grammatically correct.
I thought Angel was going to become more jokey when he joined but I was proven wrong. Especially Hellbound, the one where he keeps going down to the basement of W&H, that's so dark...

User Menu

Newsletter