I have done a disc!!! For VR

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

RathDarkblade

City Watch
Mar 24, 2015
Melbourne, Victoria
Um, jungle of Klatch ...? I suppose this is in the Klatch interior? Nearer to the Circle Sea, you'll find the Klatchian kingdoms (e.g. Djelibeybi, Omnia etc.), but Klatch (the continent itself) is huge.

I'm not sure what you mean by movable city. I'd understand it if it was the movable store (i.e. the Wandering Shop). :)

RathDarkblade

City Watch
Mar 24, 2015
Melbourne, Victoria
Sure, sure. Eric mentions that the jungles of Klatch are full of ruins, e.g. lost kingdoms full of Amazonian princesses (which we never see). ;) Lost gold mines (which, again, we don't see).

We do meet the Great Muzuma (briefly), but he (she?) is not an Amazonian princess. :p

As for Klatch: I wouldn't take "Eric" as canon, personally. I think it was "filler", just to get Rincewind out of the Dungeon Dimensions. It's a tasty filler, and amusing, but it doesn't really help to 'build' the Discworld.

To build the Discworld, I would rely more on "The Discworld Atlas. :)

Azh#oo8

Lance-Constable
Mar 14, 2021
Sure, sure. Eric mentions that the jungles of Klatch are full of ruins, e.g. lost kingdoms full of Amazonian princesses (which we never see). ;) Lost gold mines (which, again, we don't see).

We do meet the Great Muzuma (briefly), but he (she?) is not an Amazonian princess. :p

As for Klatch: I wouldn't take "Eric" as canon, personally. I think it was "filler", just to get Rincewind out of the Dungeon Dimensions. It's a tasty filler, and amusing, but it doesn't really help to 'build' the Discworld.

To build the Discworld, I would rely more on "The Discworld Atlas. :)
Just so. I realised that I need it I'll get it ASAP to get the layout right... at a tenth scale major landmarks will probably fill it up. Right now I'm making fantasy beauty spots as if it will be a virtual Reader /lisner explorer.... Imaginaid. Universal localiser perhaps..

User Menu

Newsletter