I have just finished Nation...

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

devildev

Apr 24, 2011
Johannesburg, South Africa
wow, i had an existential moment reading Nation. Not just because there's so much stuff in there about what we believe but also because the first pratchett book i ever read was carpet people, his first book as far as I know, and it was like reading the same book by the same person but with 30 odd more years of life experience. Then to top it all off there was the announcement that he had early onset alzheimer's, which is a national disaster all on its own in my opinion. And then, if you look at his pic on the dust jacket you'll see its the only one with him facing away from the camera. I cried for days!

raisindot

Sergeant-at-Arms
Oct 1, 2009
Boston, MA USA
I tried it awhile ago but just couldn't get into it.

But I had one unused Audible credit, and since Stephen Briggs is reading it I decided to download the audiobook version. Might like it better that way.

Penfold

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 29, 2009
Worthing
www.lenbrookphotography.com
raisindot said:
I tried it awhile ago but just couldn't get into it.

But I had one unused Audible credit, and since Stephen Briggs is reading it I decided to download the audiobook version. Might like it better that way.
I had that problem as well, the first time. However, I persevered the second time, got into it after p30 or so, and really enjoyed it after that; one of his more thought provoking efforts (IMO). :laugh:

Latest posts

User Menu

Newsletter