Illustrated Colour of Magic/Light Fantastic

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
As that Stephen Player link takes you to illustrations of The Illustrated Wee Free Men, I should post a link to that as well.

So here it is.

Interesting that Player seems to have based some of his characters on the painting by Richard Dadd.

Jinx

Lance-Corporal
Jul 27, 2008
Glasgow, UK
Tonyblack said:
As that Stephen Player link takes you to illustrations of The Illustrated Wee Free Men, I should post a link to that as well.

So here it is.

Interesting that Player seems to have based some of his characters on the painting by Richard Dadd.

I've seen that picture very recently, and I can't remember why I was looking for it now. What is the title of the painting?

Sep 21, 2008
As I said on the other forum, don't get too excited yet. The illustrations only went to the publishers yesterday. Expect your orders to be put back and put back until being cancelled in January.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Hi Jaime and welcome.

I'm not sure I'd bother actually. I'm really not that fussed to have an illustrated copy of any of the books. I prefer to make my own mind up what the pictures look like. :)

Colin

Constable
Jul 25, 2008
North Warwickshire
I have the original GN versions ... hidden somewhere in my collection ... and I don't think I will be after the new edition (unless I see it remaindered somewhere). I prefer the visions in my head, as Tony says.

Jul 26, 2008
Ever since i read my first pratchett, all the characters are imprinted in my head, dosnt matter how many times i re read them or in USA edition or UK, they stay the same, but i do enjoy the illustrated editions. 1. cause theyre another book for the collection and 2. i love all and appreciate all artwork, no matter what they do or dont represent, i just hope the final editions are of an acceptable quality in the reproduction of the images as poor quality in my humble opinion always detracts from the book theyre published in.

Oct 13, 2008
Devon
I think I prefer Paul Kidby's illustrations. I love the Dragon page in The Last Hero & Death on page 66. In fact the whole book.

User Menu

Newsletter